Remaining Star Trek Episodes (TOS-SNW)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
stryke
Captain

Re: Remaining Star Trek Episodes (TOS-SNW)

Post by stryke »

I'm not terribly keen on the ATLA SFDebris reviews I must admit. I'm not sure if it was down to the style of trying to do so much at once or if the show itself was just not a good fit for him.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

stryke wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:57 pm I'm not terribly keen on the ATLA SFDebris reviews I must admit. I'm not sure if it was down to the style of trying to do so much at once or if the show itself was just not a good fit for him.
Agreed, it doesn't fit his style. Not getting at the man at all - there must be a good reason behind it. But Chuck's style of dissecting and analysing single episodes in detail is his strength and I just do not think it shines through here. This is also BTW I would be against putting all of the DISCO and PIC reviews together.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Oh yeah, to be sure that was not intended to be a dig at Chuck. Just surprise I guess as he's managed to spin gold out of shows from as far out of his regular comfort zone such as MLP to Twin Peaks to Madoka.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

I am genuinely curious when he'll get back to Discovery and Picard. I can understand they can be... emotionally draining, but as much as I adore his reviews on very good media... I do enjoy his tearing apart of shit.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Nobody700 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:57 pm I am genuinely curious when he'll get back to Discovery and Picard. I can understand they can be... emotionally draining, but as much as I adore his reviews on very good media... I do enjoy his tearing apart of shit.
Seriously, I can feel him dying inside when he reviewed Season One. Season Two might actually kill Chuck.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Wait when was the last new star Trek review he did?
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:30 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:57 pm I am genuinely curious when he'll get back to Discovery and Picard. I can understand they can be... emotionally draining, but as much as I adore his reviews on very good media... I do enjoy his tearing apart of shit.
Seriously, I can feel him dying inside when he reviewed Season One. Season Two might actually kill Chuck.
He didn't even finish season 1... or meet the single worst character in Picard. Elron.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Nobody700 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:45 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:30 pm
He didn't even finish season 1... or meet the single worst character in Picard. Elron.
Given all of the worst-of-the-worst characters on ST:Picard, picking the bland, useless one as the ultimate worst is an odd choice. He's superfluous (well, more than the rest). He had one job. He fails to do it. He's just there.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

He's also a Romulan Samurai Poser, when those weren't even remotely a thing before.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

My main problem with Elron is... he is everything I hate about Picard and Discovery. He just does not at all fit... period. He is extremely boring, but in your face boring. He is bland in the worst ways, but oh man look how COOL ELRON IS, HE HAS A SWORD... he... he stabs things. He is unecessary, unwanted, and very critically stupid. He only fights for doomed causes. Which explains his entire everything.