Assurances

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Re: Assurances

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Chuck, take a damn break if you need it. We say it every time a health issue or some life thing comes up.

You spoil us with constant new content. Most video producers that do a scripted, edited show only do one episode a week, sometimes only one every two weeks... and you do three most weeks.

Cut it back if you need to, that's FINE. Take two weeks off to deal with your house, take a month. Take two months if you need it. We'll still be here when you get back.

The way you started this announcement I thought you were taking an extended LOOOONG break, and that was fine. But just mid July? What's the fuss even about? Take a break till August, or September if you need to. It's FINE, don't fret about it.
MoreTeaPlease
Redshirt

Post by MoreTeaPlease »

You absolutely do that Chuck. Understand this next thing very clearly. We Will Be Here When You Get Back.
You're not going to have a mass loss of viewership or Patreonage because you took a couple of weeks off. FFS, what do you think WE do ROUTINELY? I bet all of your viewers have had about 100x the vacation you have had since you started this. And we just generally work regular jobs, not a crazy-hard solo gig with about ten different knowledge domains like you do.

So it's cool! Take care of the massive BS that's hit your personal life, and absolutely let us know if you need a bit of extra financial help. Happens to everyone, and you've got kids.

See you when you're all set, rested and ready to go again!
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Take your time to recover! None of us is going to die or stop being your fans or go on a rampage because we don't get our next episode of the Poor Dumb Harry Gets Beaten With Large Phallic Objects Show right this very instant.

Your health is always the most important thing to be concerned about, except MAYBE family. No decent person will begrudge you self-care time.
DrWheelz
Redshirt

Post by DrWheelz »

When I saw the lead-in on your Twitter page, my heart sank. My immediate thought was that you were quitting. I've been following your show quite faithfully since 2009, and while I haven't been able to contribute very much toward it (the only review I've ever bought was The Three Doctors), it's not overstating it to say that I've gotten a tremendous amount out of it. You've been a source of inspiration for me in my own creative endeavors, and I wasn't prepared to accept the possibility that you were standing down.

I feel bad that it took an announcement like this for me to let you know how much I appreciate your content. I hope that you know how much we all respect and admire both your work and your dedication, and that no one that matters begrudges you any amount of time that you plan to take. Indeed, I'm more concerned that you won't take enough off.

If nothing else, you're going to need all the health and rest you can get before you tackle season 3 of Discovery. Superman wouldn't be able to get through it without feeling overly nauseous.

Rest well, Chuck. We'll still be here when you get back.
No man is happier than the one that has made himself miserable in order to feel as though he is in control. - Dr. John Noel
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Dude, you are awesome, and you absolutely deserve to take as big a break as you need.

You may be self-employed, but that doesn't mean you, the worker, shouldn't walk up to you, the boss, and demand the time off that you owe to you.
Anonymous
Redshirt

Post by Anonymous »

While I started watching your channel much later than most people here, I have to agree with their sentiments - you have more than earned a break. Spend some time with your family, catch up on your shows, maybe read those Transformers comics that I sent you through Humble Bundle a few years ago.

We'll all be here when you get back.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Hey Charles, take the vacation you need and listen to the people you love and who love you.

We often do not realize how we're exerting ourselves for our job or passions, doing way more than what is actually our duty and literally feeding our life-energy into these things needlessly, slowly burning out in the process. The people around us usually notice that much earlier than we ourselves do, so listen to them. Take your step back, rest, recupperate, fix the issues that you constantly lack the time and energy to deal with, because you've put that energy into your passion and job. Mind the foundations of your life and the foundations of that cursed house you live in. ;)

We'll all be here tomorrow and the day after tomorrow still :)
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

RobbyB1982 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:49 pmThe way you started this announcement I thought you were taking an extended LOOOONG break, and that was fine. But just mid July? What's the fuss even about? Take a break till August, or September if you need to. It's FINE, don't fret about it.
I concur. I was like, "what, is he having to give up? Or "just" have to have several months off or something to recover?" What, barely two weeks? That's less than the length of time my (admittedly retired) parents go on holiday (once a year, pandemics notwithstanding).

That's nothin' dude, especially not in this current horrendous climate of "everything is stalled forever."

Take whatever time you need, seriously.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Chuck you are a friend I have never met.
You make me think.
Take the time to recover, restore yourself, and above all.
Be Happy.
Till you are ready, and I mean ready, take all the time you need.
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

When I saw the twitter post I was afraid something really bad had happened with the chimney of suffering like you or a loved one had gotten hurt while working on it or to a lesser extent you were ending the show.
The latter would have sucked , but a family member loss or serious injury to yourself means ending the show is nothing compared to that, especially after you mentioned your safety system saved your sons life recently.

Please, please take the time off and more if you need it.
You know all of us care about your wellbeing and we want you feeling better .
Take two weeks, take 2 months, we get it.
Get some time to yourself man, the USA is starting to return to normal from the pandemic.
Enjoy it.

We will still be here when you come back