Christmas Show 2021

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Christmas Show 2021

Post by TGLS »

Dec-23 clue up
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Men In Black?

It fits most of the clues.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

phantom000 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:56 pm Men In Black?

It fits most of the clues.
Not in the film registry.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

I give up already.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Mabus wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:46 pm I give up already.
Ironic; because I think you are right. Planet of the Apes. Rod Serling is credited with the screenplay and its technically an adaptation of a french sci-fi novel. Also, it's in the national film registry.

Still I don't know how popular the soundtrack was, unless the clue refers to the musical scene from The Simpsons parody.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

phantom000 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:41 pm
Ironic; because I think you are right. Planet of the Apes. Rod Serling is credited with the screenplay and its technically an adaptation of a french sci-fi novel. Also, it's in the national film registry.

Still I don't know how popular the soundtrack was, unless the clue refers to the musical scene from The Simpsons parody.
Yeah, but Roddy McDowall went on to a lot of other very notable movies, including a bunch of Ape sequels, two Fright Nights and a bunch of other stuff. Hardly nobody went onto anything of note. And Heston's film career hardly flatlined afterwards either. So it fails the nothing of note afterwards clause.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CrypticMirror wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:33 am

Yeah, but Roddy McDowall went on to a lot of other very notable movies, including a bunch of Ape sequels, two Fright Nights and a bunch of other stuff. Hardly nobody went onto anything of note. And Heston's film career hardly flatlined afterwards either. So it fails the nothing of note afterwards clause.
James Whitmore was in the Shawshank Redemption too.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

when was the first video released on sfdebris.com? It's hard to keep track of with everything being reposted over and over.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

CrypticMirror wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:33 am

Maybe one of the sequels then?
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

drewder wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:24 am when was the first video released on sfdebris.com? It's hard to keep track of with everything being reposted over and over.
SisyFus Debris
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope