Fixing what Ails Youtube (Downed Episodes Youtube)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Fixing what Ails Youtube (Downed Episodes Youtube)

Post by SFDebris »

After a great deal of thought, I've decided that the first week of each month will be dedicated to fixing anything Youtube has broken. This way, instead of constantly running backwards while trying to move forwards and screwing up two things, I can have dedicated time to deal with specific problematic videos.

As this is the first time I'm doing this, it is probably the biggest. It would be great if I could get some help knowing what needs fixing. If people can make a list for me of what is broken on Youtube, and a mod could collect them all in the first response to this, it would make the job a lot easier.

Let me emphasize: THIS IS ONLY STUFF LINKED ON YOUTUBE. THIS IS NOT STUFF THAT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL.

Stuff that is nowhere is being prioritized, but it needs to be rebuilt for Youtube. Fixing things that are down is just tweaking what's already been made so he gets approved (or re-approved).

So for example: Full motion And The Children Shall Lead, all parts, needs to be fixed. YT took it down. That fits.
Doctor Who: The Empty Child, needs to be rebuilt for YT. It links to DailyMotion. That doesn't fit.

Thank you all for your patience and help.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
TGLS
Captain

Re: Fixing what Ails Youtube

Post by TGLS »

January 2022:
The full motion video [for Lower Decks Episode 3] is blocked. So I'm going to have to watch the still version.
Patterns of Force [stills] is blocked
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
GundamFan555
Redshirt

Re: Fixing what Ails Youtube (Downed Episodes Youtube)

Post by GundamFan555 »

Dragon Age II Part 2 is blocked in Canada.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Part 3 of Caretaker.
I got nothing to say here.
HighPriest
Redshirt

Post by HighPriest »

The following are either content blocked or listed as unavailable on YouTube. I'm located in America, if that helps.

[edit]Progress has been made, at least in some of the Star Trek stuff that was in this post. I've edited the post accordingly.[/edit]

Star Trek (Voy): The Swarm - Parts 1 and 2
Star Trek (Ent): Harbinger - Part 1
Star Trek (DS9): Profit And Lace - Original Intro (Listed as "Age Restricted", but you can get to it through an age-gate on YouTube)
Star Trek (DS9): Prodigal Daughter - Part 1 Full Motion
Star Trek (LD): Temporal Edict - Full Motion
Cowboy Bebop: Honky Tonk Women
Escaflowne: Fateful Confession
Escaflowne: The Girl from the Mystic Moon
Escaflowne: The Gallant Swordsman
Escaflowne: The Diabolical Adonis
Escaflowne: Seal of the Brothers
Escaflowne: City of Intrigue
Escaflowne: Unexpected Partings
Escaflowne: The Day the Angel Flew
Escaflowne: Memories of a Feather
Escaflowne: The Blue-Eyed Prince
Escaflowne: Prophecy of Death
Escaflowne: The Secret Door
Escaflowne: Red Destiny
Escaflowne: Dangerous Wounds
Escaflowne: Lost Paradise
Escaflowne: The Guided Ones
Escaflowne: The Edge of the World
Escaflowne: The Gravity of Density
Escaflowne: Operation Golden Rule of Love
Escaflowne: False Vows
Escaflowne: Reaction of Fortune
Escaflowne: The Black Winged Angel
Escaflowne: Storm Premonition
Escaflowne: Fateful Decision
Escaflowne: Zone of Absolute Fortune
Escaflowne: Eternal Love
Full Metal Panic: Episode 1
Full Metal Panic: Episode 2
Full Metal Panic: Episode 3
Full Metal Panic: Episode 4
Full Metal Panic: Episode 5
Full Metal Panic: Episode 6
Full Metal Panic: Episode 7
Gundam 0080: Episode 1
Gundam 0080: Episode 2
Gundam 0080: Episode 3
Gundam 0080: Episode 5
Gundam 0080: Episode 6
Planetes: Episodes 1-4
Fullmetal Alechemist: Brotherhood: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 1-4
Dragon Age II, Part 12
SG-1: Maternal Instinct
Battlestar Galactica Mini-series, Night 1
Last edited by HighPriest on Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

Part 1 of the New Doctor Who episode Rose is missing
HighPriest
Redshirt

Post by HighPriest »

Star Trek (Ent): Harbinger - Full Motion Part 1
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I feel so awful for Chuck to be stuck with this platform when he's just trying to share his reviews.
HighPriest
Redshirt

Post by HighPriest »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:47 pm I feel so awful for Chuck to be stuck with this platform when he's just trying to share his reviews.
Yeah, unless something very unexpected happens to Youtube, it's going to keep going through a cycle of Chuck re-editing and re-uploading for current standards, then the Copyright bots will get upgraded slightly, and he'll have to do it again... all while more and more of the videos turn into slideshows and the music gets Bermanized towards royalty-free stuff.

Well, unless all the older material eventually gets moved to a peer-to-peer distribution method, but that's got it's own issues and it doesn't look like something Chuck's interested in.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

HighPriest wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:44 amYeah, unless something very unexpected happens to Youtube, it's going to keep going through a cycle of Chuck re-editing and re-uploading for current standards, then the Copyright bots will get upgraded slightly, and he'll have to do it again... all while more and more of the videos turn into slideshows and the music gets Bermanized towards royalty-free stuff.

Well, unless all the older material eventually gets moved to a peer-to-peer distribution method, but that's got it's own issues and it doesn't look like something Chuck's interested in.
Yeah, I made the suggestion that maybe Chuck should be interested in doing it as a Patreon thing where you can download as many as you want if you go "X" tier and at least he has that going for him.

But either way it is a massive amount of work and I hate it for a man who has brought me so much joy over the past....twenty years.

Jesus.