The Elysian Kingdom (SNW)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: The Elysian Kingdom (SNW)

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I think that more just describes development of character and he's talking about an arc that's inclusive of change and resolution.
Power laces... alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:00 pm I think that more just describes development of character and he's talking about an arc that's inclusive of change and resolution.
How does that not describe Kira for example? Compare how she was in Season 1 and Season 7. Even fought with the Cardassians to free them from the Dominion in the end.
I got nothing to say here.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

McAvoy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:16 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:00 pm I think that more just describes development of character and he's talking about an arc that's inclusive of change and resolution.
How does that not describe Kira for example? Compare how she was in Season 1 and Season 7. Even fought with the Cardassians to free them from the Dominion in the end.
Idunno lol. I’m not even too certain that what I said was definitive of arcs in general. But Sisko has a rise and a fall. The fall can be anything from a grave humbling to a grave demise.

Looking into it though, and arcs can be characteristic of different developments of character.
Power laces... alright.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

McAvoy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:16 am
Did Kira fight to save the Cardassians from the Dominion or did Kira fight to save the Cardassians from the Dominion because the Dominion command centre is on Cardassia?
There is an important distinction between the two.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Was Kira really clear on that distinction, by the end? She might have started with the latter, mostly, but after her "yeah, who would do that Damar" moment and Damar's apparently sincere reflection on the matter and personal growth, I'm not certain even Kira herself honestly knew.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I imagine her feelings on the subject were complex. Including possibly the fact she considered the Cardassian High Command as guilty and deserving of punishment as everyone but not thinking the civilians deserved what happened to them. Kira remained a fascinating unique individual because she was fine NOT rising up above complicated messy feelings that weren't always moral, Prophets or no Prophets.