TNG: Sins of the Father

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Wargriffin
Captain

TNG: Sins of the Father

Post by Wargriffin »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o65SkXZni9c

A really great episode though.... Worf picking Picard over Riker is kinda odd

Riker's already versed in Klingon culture, is established to be Worf's trusted friend and Ya know is actually in the shape to be the guy fighting knife armed deathmatch's

Granted you argue this that steady shift of where Riker keeps getting stuck on the ship while Picard gets in more on the action which i get was Stewart pushing to be more then the Diplomat captain but Looking back They never really learned to balance the two well

Now yah in Hindsight this make perfect sense with what happens in Reunion, Picard being made arbiter is pretty much a no brainer but it takes this episode to get Picard on the radar and into learning Klingon traditions.

Its one of those forward looking backward looking contradictions
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
McAvoy
Captain

Re: TNG: Sins of the Father

Post by McAvoy »

How much time did Riker actually spend with the Klingons though? A week? Maybe?

He probably continued studying the Klingon culture afterwards but his interactions afterwards was barely there. Offhand, I don't think he ever interacted with a Klingon outside the Enterprise afterwards.
I got nothing to say here.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Wargriffin wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:41 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o65SkXZni9c

Riker's already versed in Klingon culture, is established to be Worf's trusted friend and Ya know is actually in the shape to be the guy fighting knife armed deathmatch's

Worf knows how to balance the Party. He doesn't need another fighty guy on it, he needs a brainy speechifying guy to balance it out. Although, he could do with a Healer too.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

CrypticMirror wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:11 pm
Wargriffin wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:41 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o65SkXZni9c

Worf knows how to balance the Party. He doesn't need another fighty guy on it, he needs a brainy speechifying guy to balance it out. Although, he could do with a Healer too.

But Klingon's Hybrid class everything with Fighter!!!
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Picard took a knife to the heart, fighting a group of Nausicaans and literally laughed it off. Picard is a multi-classed fighter, though he only took like two or three levels in the Archer-class.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Picard vs Archer in their prime is legitimately a fight too close to call.

Tbh... I kinda think that Janeway could beat them both. You wouldn't think that looking at them, but she is a master of the ''Star Trek armour-piercing karate chop'' that can take down a man in one blow. Plus, Picard did get his ass handed to him by a woman in that episode where he is stuck alone on the Enterprise.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Picard in his prime would kick Archer's ass without breaking a sweat. Archer sucked anytime it came to fisticuffs. Hell I'd give even Harry Kim a chance against him.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

stryke wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:08 pm Picard in his prime would kick Archer's ass without breaking a sweat. Archer sucked anytime it came to fisticuffs. Hell I'd give even Harry Kim a chance against him.
I tend to agree. I'd argue however, that Picard met something that drained fighter-levels somewhere between the Nausicaan's stabbing him and the first time we meet him as Captain of the Enterprise.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:04 pm
stryke wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:08 pm Picard in his prime would kick Archer's ass without breaking a sweat. Archer sucked anytime it came to fisticuffs. Hell I'd give even Harry Kim a chance against him.
I tend to agree. I'd argue however, that Picard met something that drained fighter-levels somewhere between the Nausicaan's stabbing him and the first time we meet him as Captain of the Enterprise.
Maybe a giant chest wound? Massive cardiac trauma is nature's way of telling you to slow down, after all.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:38 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:04 pm
Maybe a giant chest wound? Massive cardiac trauma is nature's way of telling you to slow down, after all.
He did get a cybernetic heart replacement, so that should've compensated the injury nicely and we know, that the injury didn't make him any less ambitious. Argueably, it did the opposite.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox