Strange New Worlds Season 2

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Strange New Worlds Season 2

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:20 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:53 pm All right, so the law episode...

Am I the only one who thought Una's lawyer sucked and was a generally awful person who for all her shit, was clearly full of it and had to be forced to defend a woman just because Una committed the crime of... helping people which offended her lawyer ex friend?

The lawyer though I wonder was intentionally done that way for a reason. Maybe this week I will re-watch it.
Well yeah it was definitely deliberate and even intentional.

It was pretty bitter, but that’s kind of the condition between the cultures. It’s the federation that has the draconian rule that forbids the mermaids from joining. Yeah she should reach out and help a friend… even more because it’s the right thing to do. But they don’t exactly spend their time keeping federation doctrines in check, they don’t want anything to do with them.
Power laces... alright.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

I kinda wish Kirk knew he knew Laan so he could brag to Khan he made out with his descendent. Petty and stupid? Yes. But I want that.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

La'an: "This won't make any sense..."
Chuck: "But you'll grow up to become Benedict Cumberbatch."

:lol:

Also, fuck me that it's already been 15 years since the first Kelvin film. Even weirder to think that around that time 15 years ago was 1994.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

Makeshift Python wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:02 am La'an: "This won't make any sense..."

Also, fuck me that it's already been 15 years since the first Kelvin film. Even weirder to think that around that time 15 years ago was 1994.
Stop making me feel old!
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

m4a2000 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:31 pm
Makeshift Python wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:02 am La'an: "This won't make any sense..."

Stop making me feel old!
Ditto. 15 years?! That's not that far off the time between the end of TOS and the start of TNG! (I make that 18 years).
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:03 pm

Stop making me feel old!
Ditto. 15 years?! That's not that far off the time between the end of TOS and the start of TNG! (I make that 18 years).
You don't want to scratch at that. We are talking about nearly 20 years since Enterprise went off the air. Wheston is 51 years old, same age as Patrick Stewart was at the end of the fourth season of TNG! Cirroc Lofton is 45!

Yeah don't keep picking at that one.
I got nothing to say here.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

So how soon until we get to Those Old Scientists? AKA the best episode of all of Star Trek ever.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:23 pm So how soon until we get to Those Old Scientists? AKA the best episode of all of Star Trek ever.
Could be a while, it's pretty late in the season.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:23 pm So how soon until we get to Those Old Scientists? AKA the best episode of all of Star Trek ever.
I'd say within a couple of months at the latest possibly by the end of this month. It's four episodes away from the current one he just did.
I got nothing to say here.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

McAvoy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:39 am
Riedquat wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:03 pm

Stop making me feel old!
You don't want to scratch at that. We are talking about nearly 20 years since Enterprise went off the air. Wheston is 51 years old, same age as Patrick Stewart was at the end of the fourth season of TNG! Cirroc Lofton is 45!

Yeah don't keep picking at that one.
One of the ''makes you feel old'' facts I have about Star trek 2009 is that this was Chris Hemsworth's first film role. He was a complete nobody when this film was made. No one knew of Thor, or the Avengers, or even really the MCU. In fact, he was such a nobody that it took until the cancelled Star Trek 4 when he asked for more money for me to realise that he was even in it.

I just find that very interesting to think about today, now that everyone in Phase One is a global super megastar household name.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.