Strange New Worlds Season 2

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Strange New Worlds Season 2

Post by hammerofglass »

Time: literally the most predictable thing in the universe, but still catches us all by surprise.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

hammerofglass wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:44 pm Time: literally the most predictable thing in the universe, but still catches us all by surprise.
Time is a thing that happens to other people, never me.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again
Power laces... alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:38 pm But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again
Time is a fire in which we burn.
I got nothing to say here.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Ahh Those Old scientists... I kinda wished Mariner warned Uhura about Final Frontier.

"When Kirk brings up the pom frons, phaser him."
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:23 pm So how soon until we get to Those Old Scientists? AKA the best episode of all of Star Trek ever.
Oh, about 4 days.
Nobody700 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:08 am
hammerofglass wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:44 pm Time: literally the most predictable thing in the universe, but still catches us all by surprise.
Time is a thing that happens to other people, never me.
Exactly.
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:15 pm Ahh Those Old scientists... I kinda wished Mariner warned Uhura about Final Frontier.

"When Kirk brings up the pom frons, phaser him."
:lol:

Love this episode. Such a perfect crossover. And while we didn't get them in live action, I am glad we got a couple scenes with Rutherford and Tendi too. And Ransom, voiced by the real life husband of Una's actress. I love that end scene with the SNW gang animated. M'Benga's line is just chefs kiss
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Those Old Scientists is the only Disco Trek episode that I have watched multiple times. Just rewstched it tonight too.

They did just a great job blending the two series together and it really makes it even more unique than what it is too.

The only episode comparable is the DS9 TOS crossover.

Its a fun episode and it's meant to be.
I got nothing to say here.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:23 am Time is a fire in which we burn.
Yeah, I rather side with the villain's take to Picard's for once. Even more so given the whole burning to death of Picard's family including a kid who dreamed of the stars. Yep, still makes me cross that.

I used to know someone who thought that Generations was the best Trek film. Not just TNG, but Trek period. In retrospect I really should have seen that as more of a red flag than I did at the time.
McAvoy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:17 am Those Old Scientists is the only Disco Trek episode that I have watched multiple times. Just rewstched it tonight too
I watched it the day it came out, and then the day after too. That has never happened before or since.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

We all agree that Boimler is using the poster for....other purposes, right? Number One is deluding herself if she thinks otherwise.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:29 am We all agree that Boimler is using the poster for....other purposes, right? Number One is deluding herself if she thinks otherwise.
Probably not, actually. No reason to when it's socially acceptable to use the holodeck for that kind of thing.
she/they 🏳️‍⚧️

...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.