DS9: What We Left Behind

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

DS9: What We Left Behind

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I admit, I was surprised that Chuck didn't react more to the documentary's interior.

* He didn't give any comments on the future season they planned's ideas like Kira as a Vedek.

* He didn't comment on Mark's attempts to redeem Dukat despite, well, not doing so.

* He didn't comment on the discussion about how they failed LGBT matters.

* He didn't comment on Terry's confrontation with them over her firing.

Not that he didn't have much to say but I wish we'd gotten Chuck's thoughts.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Re: DS9: What We Left Behind

Post by stellar_coyote »

I figured this was more a collection of thoughts that popped into his head while he watched rather than a full-blown analysis which would undoubtedly take multiple rewatches. In any case, I'm glad he brought it up because it reminded me of the documentary's existence and I certainly need to watch it, DS9 remains my favorite Trek show.

One detail I have to bring up was his mentioning of Kevin Grevioux, I actually had the honor of meeting him at WonderCon some odd years ago at a panel for black creators in the fields of comics, literature, games etc. I wanted to meet him for a couple reasons, that he had mentioned that the groundwork for the film "Underworld" was about his experience in interracial dating and I was intrigued by how that turned into a Kate Beckinsale vehicle by her husband. And I'm a big fan of the works of Greg Weisman (Gargoyles co-creator among other things) and he played the Heavy in the second season of Young Justice. I walked away with a few observations:
1. He's a deeply intelligent and eloquent guy.
2. His normal laugh and evil laugh are one and the same.
3. He's lost nothing from his stuntman days and could've easily broken my hand when he shook it.