Let's talk about the Unity Saga.

For written reviews by our illustrious reviewer SFDebris... wait, he still does written reviews?!
King Green
Officer

Let's talk about the Unity Saga.

Post by King Green »

HOLD YOUR SHOUTS AND BULLETS!!!

Now that's out of the way and me not bleeding on the floor coughing up what's left of my life, I just want to discuss your own view-points of what you read about Chuck's Ultimate Fanfiction: The Unity Saga; second trilogy star wars vs semi-parody star trek however the dominion wars put so much nonsense in the minds of federation citizens that even trekkies will have to admit, "Is this what we will become in the future?!"

Don't hate what others say but at least filter what you can accept and slowly grow into the other foreign madness you read.

For me; Unity Saga was a well read story, great character moments, acceptable space battles if you look into the realism part, fluid use of parody and canon characters(except Janeway and that demonic-hedgehog Neelix, not going to pet-sit those adorable guys/gals again), meta-humor for Chuck rooting for the GE to demolish UFP by using irony on their "Attack Pattern: Alpha!" and some of the tearjerking scenes were well good, except for the hints of Kirk; we all know he is completely crazy now since he claimed himself to be the All-Mighty(even off-set of all things!!!).

If I wanted to make a SW v.ST crossover, SW would be largely left alone but I would put it on the 1st Trilogy due to so much well written scripture, ST however...God where do I begin; Okay, from what I see the Federation hierarchy is like this:

Admiral=Godhood(God-complex is needed to accomplish this!)

Captain=King/Queen(Would that make Kirk Jesus?)

Commander=General

Lieutenant=Soldier

Ensign=Slave(Which might explain why Harry is so subjugated?)

Petty Officer= Child/Yet-to-Exist Worker(presumably why everything works by the Federation luck and not by skill?)

Plus the f***ing ST races(most) are so basic in culture that you could vomit from the sheer cringe of them copying a human aspect. Like a Betazoids for example, they beleve so much in the Four Loves, Storge (Affection/Family),Philia (Friendship, possibly the sexual kind?), Eros (Romance, for the body and mind most likely), Agape (Unconditional Love...for the Federation Admirals who deem themselves to be the Divine(Deamons)!). That even Tori at best of her human-half lets be a willfully weak 60's girl who stands around like an idiot, lets herself get captured(half the time) and gets raped(not always by the kidnapper...Oh God that was bad to put in your heads).
I'm always happy to see Worf have a change of nature however, if he was raised by Klingons though, expect another hyper-aggressive Orc with Samurai culture but twists that so severely your own genitals can feel it, Worf's adopted parents I like because they are in fact hiding their allegiance to the UFP and are trying to break out humanities best and brightest from prison so human idiocy won't destroy creation.

I will probably summarize my version of SW vs. ST in another post, but now let me hear you thoughts of the Unity Saga and try to tell what changes you would like to post.
Ever since I watched ST: Enterprise, the corruption of the Vulcans made sad enough to lose 10 years of my life
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
King Green
Officer

Re: Let's talk about the Unity Saga.

Post by King Green »

Good lord, do I have to duplicate this post on the General forums to get your attention?!?!
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
TheStarWarsTrek
Officer

Post by TheStarWarsTrek »

Dude, if no one's replying, it means no one's interested in the subject. That sucks, but whining about it just makes you sound petty.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

That or Chuck's fans are too-blind to make their own opinions of what Chuck did as a Good work and not a Perfect work, like I agree with his viewpoint, challenge what you understand.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Or the people here read it too long ago so they can't really discuss it effectively. Or they never read it at all.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
technobabbler
Officer

Post by technobabbler »

TGLS wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:15 am Or the people here read it too long ago so they can't really discuss it effectively. Or they never read it at all.
from what I remember (read it 8? years ago), it was a fun read....but my memory confuses plot points in Unity with those in the cross-over fanfic over at stardestroyer.net, "Conquest"

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/Conquest