Uploading the written reviews for Episodes that didn't get the video treatment?

For written reviews by our illustrious reviewer SFDebris... wait, he still does written reviews?!
Gretnablue
Redshirt

Uploading the written reviews for Episodes that didn't get the video treatment?

Post by Gretnablue »

Hi, way back when the video reviews were taken down off YouTube and before they were all restored, I used to read the old written reviews for the Voyager episodes. However, for years now, access to them was removed along with a lot of other written work such as the MST3K written reviews with the exception of a few that were re-uploaded onto your blog which hasn't updated in a very long time.

I'm curious to know if those old written reviews still exist in any form as I was unable to find them using google (though I did find the Unity arc). Specifically for episodes that never received the video treatment like Dreadnought and False Profits?
Mindworm
Officer

Re: Uploading the written reviews for Episodes that didn't get the video treatment?

Post by Mindworm »

I don't know where the old written reviews were hosted, but if you have to original web addresses, they're probably available on the Wayback Machine at archive.org
Soulless minion of orthodoxy.
Gretnablue
Redshirt

Re: Uploading the written reviews for Episodes that didn't get the video treatment?

Post by Gretnablue »

I have tried to use the Wayback Machine though oddly I keep getting Robot.txt errors when looking for SFDebris sites.
Mindworm
Officer

Post by Mindworm »

Then the flag has been turned on for the site at the robot.txt. Won't allow archive.org bots to scrape archived pages.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

To clarify: I turned it off because I used to have my address on the website. After a number of threats, I removed the address and bought a PO Box. But since it was accessible via the Wayback machine I had to turn off access. Sorry that a few deranged people has ruined it for everyone else, but I don't want to risk having my kids shot by SWAT teams because of some thin-skinned Voyager fan.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Jebus, can't blame you for that.
Mindworm
Officer

Post by Mindworm »

SFDebris wrote:To clarify: I turned it off because I used to have my address on the website. After a number of threats, I removed the address and bought a PO Box. But since it was accessible via the Wayback machine I had to turn off access. Sorry that a few deranged people has ruined it for everyone else, but I don't want to risk having my kids shot by SWAT teams because of some thin-skinned Voyager fan.
Wow, don't know what to say. Some people is fucked up.
YAGWG
Redshirt

Post by YAGWG »

SFDebris wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:34 am To clarify: I turned it off because I used to have my address on the website. After a number of threats, I removed the address and bought a PO Box. But since it was accessible via the Wayback machine I had to turn off access. Sorry that a few deranged people has ruined it for everyone else, but I don't want to risk having my kids shot by SWAT teams because of some thin-skinned Voyager fan.
Wait, the Voyager fan base has people like that amongst it?

*shakes head*

Man, sometimes the human race really does need to be taken to one side and a word had with us as a species.
Creator: The Warren McArthur Chronicles

When in doubt, make a cheese sandwich...
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Jesus Christ, that's terrible. Shooting someone, kids, over a... a stupid review...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

well, they are voyager fans