SFDebris Discord?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: SFDebris Discord?

Post by Yukaphile »

... :shock: ...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

I've invited a forum mod to take over the discord. Mostly cause I'm too lazy to figure out how to apply the forum rules to the discord :P but also partly cause I am truly trying to create a community discord, and not just a personal fiefdom (I already have a private discord server which has 50 or so members for that)
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

TheNewTeddy wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:07 pmdiscord is the new irc, and is used by young people, so non-young people have made it scary by pointing out young people use it
Thanks, but no. Keep telling yourself that any criticism is ageism though. That always works out well.

The fact that you can't tell the difference says a lot.
TheNewTeddy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:13 pmI already have a private discord server
No, you don't.
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

Deledrius wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm
TheNewTeddy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:13 pmI already have a private discord server
No, you don't.
I'm going to ignore the fact that you are accusing me of telling lies and instead point you to https://discordapp.com/ as it seems you don't know much about how discord works or how easy it is to set up a server.
Kendrakirai
Officer

Post by Kendrakirai »

TheNewTeddy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 am
No, you don't.
I'm going to ignore the fact that you are accusing me of telling lies and instead point you to https://discordapp.com/ as it seems you don't know much about how discord works or how easy it is to set up a server.
No, he’s saying that because there’s no way to set up a server on your own box somewhere that it’s automatically suspect, not actually private (which it technically isn’t) and subject to rampant censorship based on, likely liberal, at least in his mind, interpretations of morals and ethics and intrusive government and nosy peers.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

That's messed up.
Power laces... alright.
TheNewTeddy
Officer

Post by TheNewTeddy »

Kendrakirai wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 pm
TheNewTeddy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 am
No, you don't.
No, he’s saying that because there’s no way to set up a server on your own box somewhere that it’s automatically suspect, not actually private (which it technically isn’t) and subject to rampant censorship based on, likely liberal, at least in his mind, interpretations of morals and ethics and intrusive government and nosy peers.
ah, yes, that ole argument.

As for "not actually private" - I run additional 3 servers that I use for storage; shoving notes into, images, etc. I've left messages for "discord HQ" in them before especially after long lists of seemingly bizzare information. I have no doubt that discord can peer in on any server.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

You will be pleased to know, no more bitching. I joined the SF Debris Discord, and there I can complain about the SW changes any time I like.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords