The Cishets are at it again, this time with Tannerite

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Re: The Cishets are at it again, this time with Tannerite

Post by Captain Crimson »

Seems the Scissoring Seismologist is at it again! :lol:

But in all seriousness, hokey superstitions don't much solve the underlying problems we face here - which is the world is not and never has been simple. We're gonna keep having quakes near places with fault lines or situated along the ring of fire, and intraplate quakes have happened on occasion.

To blame LGBT people reveals a lot more about the puritanism in this country than anything.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

dude what the frell does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Captain Crimson
Captain

Gender reveal parties seem like something from the LGBT, which I think is best left to that community, something I can't discuss upon, except to say in no way is responsible for natural disasters. Like, seriously.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Gender reveal parties seem like something from the LGBT, which I think is best left to that community, something I can't discuss upon, except to say in no way is responsible for natural disasters. Like, seriously.
Gender reveal parties are done by some people who are having babies when the ultrasound reaches the point where it becomes possible to distinguish their genitals. For whatever reason, this needs to be revealed in a surprising fashion, like with high explosives (that reminds me, I need to pick up some plutonium for the gender reveal party next week).

This was all explained in the article linked in the first post. Did you even read it?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Captain Crimson
Captain

Nope. Saw the word "cis-hets" and assumed it was some sorta outrage at someone who'd recently transitioned having a celebration sparking backlash from some conservative group. Which I'm fine at whoever wants to stay as they are or transition. As I've said, I can't really speak on it.

Should have probably read it, though. :oops:

New rule is I should probably not comment if I'm too busy to take the time to read the article.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

You know, my brother just simply called me and told me he was having a girl. That was it, no elaborate party or anything. Why do people do this? Was there some insanely viral video of a gender reveal sometime in the last 3 years and it's just been escalating ever since?
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Whatever happened to pink/blue bubblegum cigars? Or did they get replaced with the gag ones that have the cap gun poppers in them?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Gender reveal parties seem like something from the LGBT
I...
I what? I beg your McFucking pardon? Did you even READ the article? Have you turned on a news channel or browsed a news page in the past sixteen months?

No, Gender Reveal Parties are NOT an "LGBT" thing, you considerably vexing gentleman. Gender reveal parties, as I made pretty clear with the Original Post of This Thread, are a Cisgender Heterosexual thing. That is why I titled this thread "The CisHets are at it again".

I need to go mix some stronger drinks. I haven't been this incredulous and frustrated since I blocked DragonBallFan.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:43 am
Captain Crimson wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Gender reveal parties seem like something from the LGBT
I...
I what? I beg your McFucking pardon? Did you even READ the article? Have you turned on a news channel or browsed a news page in the past sixteen months?

No, Gender Reveal Parties are NOT an "LGBT" thing, you considerably vexing gentleman. Gender reveal parties, as I made pretty clear with the Original Post of This Thread, are a Cisgender Heterosexual thing. That is why I titled this thread "The CisHets are at it again".

I need to go mix some stronger drinks. I haven't been this incredulous and frustrated since I blocked DragonBallFan.
I think he was confusing it with a 'coming out' type thing and not the dumber version of a baby shower. Still, though, at least read the full headline, Captain.
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:53 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:43 am
I...

I think he was confusing it with a 'coming out' type thing and not the dumber version of a baby shower. Still, though, at least read the full headline, Captain.
I am not sure it is fair to blame Captain Crimson for not being familiar with Gender Studies duckspeak.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress