Rittenhouse Trial Outcome - Protests Emerge

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Rittenhouse Trial Outcome - Protests Emerge

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:45 pm In a completely irrelevant fact, Rittenhouse fanboys ruined one of my favorite video game songs. Far Cry 5's "Keep your Rifle by Your Side" was a parody of apocalyptic murder cultists and was overwhelmed by Rittenhouse fanboys when he was acquitted.

https://youtu.be/v0sdR-UdYzg
So now it's back to the MGS 2 theme, correct?
..What mirror universe?
goodperson25
Officer

Post by goodperson25 »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:44 am
goodperson25 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:48 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:23 pm
pilight wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 pm Rittenhouse is a killer
I believe the thing is question is weather or not said killing was JUSTIFIED...
And the attempt by the US Justice system to question whether or not it was justified is also under questioning in this thread. And that Rittenhouse is a killer and did kill his victims may be necessary to repeat in that context.
The jury determined that the men Rittenhouse killed were not proven to be his victims. He had made a case that he had prevented himself from being their victim.
That is an excellent example of something that should be heavily questioned and why that context was needed. Thank you for providing it.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Also, "Yes, Rittenhouse joins OJ Simpson as murderers who the government chose not to punish."

Yes, Rittenhouse was attacked. Rittenhouse had a gun out. Yes, that is illegal. But all sensible gun owners, myself included, know if you draw a gun in public then PEOPLE EXPECT YOU TO USE IT.

And he did.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:20 pm Also, "Yes, Rittenhouse joins OJ Simpson as murderers who the government chose not to punish."

Yes, Rittenhouse was attacked. Rittenhouse had a gun out. Yes, that is illegal. But all sensible gun owners, myself included, know if you draw a gun in public then PEOPLE EXPECT YOU TO USE IT.

And he did.
Just having a gun drawn out isn't really a legal reason to charge someone and take it from them. Unless you're talking about aiming at people that weren't already coming at him.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:44 am
goodperson25 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:48 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:23 pm
pilight wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 pm Rittenhouse is a killer
I believe the thing is question is weather or not said killing was JUSTIFIED...
And the attempt by the US Justice system to question whether or not it was justified is also under questioning in this thread. And that Rittenhouse is a killer and did kill his victims may be necessary to repeat in that context.
The jury determined that the men Rittenhouse killed were not proven to be his victims. He had made a case that he had prevented himself from being their victim.
De Facto is not De Jure, and De Jure is not De Facto.

My issue is the premeditation. He came with the intent to shoot protestors, and he achieved his goal.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Some people might also say that it's not delivery... but DiGiorno.

Also I'm assuming that it wasn't legally established that he had a motive/intention to kill people unprovoked?
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:09 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:20 pm Also, "Yes, Rittenhouse joins OJ Simpson as murderers who the government chose not to punish."

And he did.
Just having a gun drawn out isn't really a legal reason to charge someone and take it from them. Unless you're talking about aiming at people that weren't already coming at him.
The assumption he's going to fire should be on the man with his drawn gun. If I was a juror and someone had gunned down Rittenhouse then, I would have said it was self-defense.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:52 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:09 am

And he did.
The assumption he's going to fire should be on the man with his drawn gun. If I was a juror and someone had gunned down Rittenhouse then, I would have said it was self-defense.
It's pretty well understood that there were people there to protect property. All you're saying here is that "his gun was drawn." Out of context that doesn't really describe a solid foundation for ultimatums like "if you have a gun drawn then you better be willing to use it," or "-you better be ready for a good samaritan to shoot you in the face in pretty non-specified self defense."
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:56 pm
It's pretty well understood that there were people there to protect property. All you're saying here is that "his gun was drawn." Out of context that doesn't really describe a solid foundation for ultimatums like "if you have a gun drawn then you better be willing to use it," or "-you better be ready for a good samaritan to shoot you in the face in pretty non-specified self defense."
If a person appoints himself to guard "Property" without police training or authorization, he should be immediately arrested. If he's waving a gun around, he should have been disarmed by the police by force or treated as an active shooter threat.

I mean, to quote Ron Burgondy, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. You don't let people assume the authority of police on the idea they are "protecting property." It also applies in reverse.

Any and all people should have considered taking Rittenhouse down protecting LIFE against a potential terrorist.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:59 pm Some people might also say that it's not delivery... but DiGiorno.

Also I'm assuming that it wasn't legally established that he had a motive/intention to kill people unprovoked?
I doubt that Judge Rittenhouse Fanboy would have allowed any evidence of that kind.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville