German Euthanasia Clinic Mandates Patient Vaccination

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

German Euthanasia Clinic Mandates Patient Vaccination

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

German euthanasia clinic group will not assist the unvaccinated in suicide.

"As European countries battle to limit the spread of the virus, Verein Sterbehilfe – the German Euthanasia Association – has issued a new directive, declaring it will now only help those who have been vaccinated or recovered from the disease. In a statement, the association said:

“Euthanasia and the preparatory examination of the voluntary responsibility of our members willing to die require human closeness. Human closeness, however, is a prerequisite and breeding ground for coronavirus transmission. As of today, the 2G rule applies in our association, supplemented by situation-related measures, such as quick tests before encounters in closed rooms."

'Close encounters in closed rooms' – what a fabulous German euphemism for assisted suicide."

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/ger ... -customers
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
TGLS
Captain

Re: German Euthanasia Clinic Mandates Patient Vaccination

Post by TGLS »

It's an elective medical procedure, what do you expect?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

So do you have any feelings about this, OP?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:18 am So do you have any feelings about this, OP?
Just appreciating the oxymoronic situation of being required to take a life protected treatment in order to have yourself killed.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:53 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:18 am So do you have any feelings about this, OP?
Just appreciating the oxymoronic situation of being required to take a life protected treatment in order to have yourself killed.
Except it is less to protect that person's life as it is those in the clinic.