CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of ‘Transgenderism’ — and Somehow Claims He’s Not Calling for Elimination of Transgen

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of ‘Transgenderism’ — and Somehow Claims He’s Not Calling for Elimination of Transgen

Post by ProfessorDetective »

'There is no separating a ban on “transgenderism” from an attack on transgender people, says activist Erin Reed: “They are one and the same, and there’s no separation between them.”'

Do we need to say more?!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234690924/
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of ‘Transgenderism’ — and Somehow Claims He’s Not Calling for Elimination of Tran

Post by hammerofglass »

I liked it better when they were pretending this was about bathrooms and highschool sports.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of ‘Transgenderism’ — and Somehow Claims He’s Not Calling for Elimination of Tran

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Well we all knew it was going to get here eventually.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

I've said this for awhile. With homosexuality becoming more acceptable even among the conservatives, someone has to take their place.

Don't get me wrong, it can easily be reversed especially in this environment. But right now the whole 'mental illness' that is being trans is their focus. More so than homosexuality it seems.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

They see transgender people as an easier target, and one that other members of the LGBTQ community might be willing to turn their backs on because it's not their problem. We need to prove them wrong.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:00 am 'There is no separating a ban on “transgenderism” from an attack on transgender people, says activist Erin Reed: “They are one and the same, and there’s no separation between them.”'

Do we need to say more?!

In other words, if you are not fully in agreement with our ideological dogma, then you are an enemy.

Shorter version: If you are not with us, you are against us.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

That's like promising to eliminate left-handedness and then pretending you didn't threaten left-handed people.

Although these are the same lunatics who would happily insist left-handedness being natural is a liberal lie so probably a bad example.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:56 am That's like promising to eliminate left-handedness and then pretending you didn't threaten left-handed people.

Although these are the same lunatics who would happily insist left-handedness being natural is a liberal lie so probably a bad example.
Wouldn't surprise me if that's on the bottom of the list for after they've worked through the usual minority groups. ALWAYS need an enemy.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:21 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:56 am That's like promising to eliminate left-handedness and then pretending you didn't threaten left-handed people.

Wouldn't surprise me if that's on the bottom of the list for after they've worked through the usual minority groups. ALWAYS need an enemy.
They still had teachers beating anyone caught writing with their left hand back in what those folks consider the "good ol'days", I'm sure it's part of the package.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:21 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:00 am 'There is no separating a ban on “transgenderism” from an attack on transgender people, says activist Erin Reed: “They are one and the same, and there’s no separation between them.”'

Do we need to say more?!

In other words, if you are not fully in agreement with our ideological dogma, then you are an enemy.

Shorter version: If you are not with us, you are against us.
A) Transgenderism is just a way of dehumanizing trans people by pretending there is some ideology rather than just something people are.
B)Even if the above was not true, there is no way to eliminate an ideology without killing a lot of people.