Alabama Election

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: Alabama Election

Post by Antiboyscout »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:
Rasp wrote:
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:
I'M SORRY, WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID? 8D
Hey I'm as surprised as anyone - it was still uncomfortably close and I still don't think Jones won as much as Moore Lost. I stand by everything I said there. you couldn't construct an easier opponent or loathsome human being and he still just barely lost.

Still I dunno I don't feel like there was anything accomplished here. was it really anything but a vague moral victory?
Buddy, in this day and age, I will take my victories where I can find them. I would agree it's more about Moore losing, but I'm deliriously relieved to see this slavery-loving teen-fondler get SOME kind of consequences.
YEAH! Accusations are evidence. Lynch that n*gg*r :twisted:
Wild_Kraken
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Wild_Kraken »

Antiboyscout wrote:
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:
Rasp wrote:
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:
I'M SORRY, WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID? 8D
Hey I'm as surprised as anyone - it was still uncomfortably close and I still don't think Jones won as much as Moore Lost. I stand by everything I said there. you couldn't construct an easier opponent or loathsome human being and he still just barely lost.

Still I dunno I don't feel like there was anything accomplished here. was it really anything but a vague moral victory?
Buddy, in this day and age, I will take my victories where I can find them. I would agree it's more about Moore losing, but I'm deliriously relieved to see this slavery-loving teen-fondler get SOME kind of consequences.
YEAH! Accusations are evidence. Lynch that n*gg*r :twisted:
You know what is evidence? A signature in a yearbook.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

It is? Did he say he was going to rape her in the year book? This is no picture of a man groping a woman.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Antiboyscout wrote:It is? Did he say he was going to rape her in the year book? This is no picture of a man groping a woman.
It's not, but it's just one of many things Moore did. I mean the guy was banned from a mall for perving on underage girls.
Antiboyscout wrote:Good to know that the Democrats have become the moralist party. You may find power in it for a time, but just ask the Evangelists how that worked out for them.
One, I think saying a child molester should not be a senator is hardly a radical moralist stance. Two, the Evangelists are still one of the most powerful components of the Republican coalition, especially in the south. I mean didn't you here an Evangelist nearly won the senate race in Alabama, despite being a child molester.
Rasp
Officer

Post by Rasp »

Yeah among 25-29 year olds there was only about 5% total turnout - 61% of those voted for Jones IF they'd been able to inspire young professionals AT ALL it would have been a democratic landslide. The demographic desperately needs to be locked down - and the only way to do it is some pretty radical reform.

We need to give people something to vote FOR and not just against whatever pedophile racist - etc is on the ballot this time.
I am the one who requested Chuck review Kannazuki No Miko. (under an old alias)

I count it among the most despicable things I have ever done to another human being and I'm sorry.

Things I have requested that are not evil:
* Anna's Quest
* Contradiction
* TECHNOBABYLON
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Rasp wrote:Yeah among 25-29 year olds there was only about 5% total turnout - 61% of those voted for Jones IF they'd been able to inspire young professionals AT ALL it would have been a democratic landslide. The demographic desperately needs to be locked down - and the only way to do it is some pretty radical reform.

We need to give people something to vote FOR and not just against whatever pedophile racist - etc is on the ballot this time.
Young professionals are a tiny part of Alabama's population. It's actually losing millennials faster than any other state. Assuming that going radical didn't cause higher turn out from the older white crowd in the name of stopping Communism, many of the people you'd be turning out with such a campaign will have moved on to greener pastures by next election. Never mind the fact that in a special election, which generally have abysmal turn out, Jones managed to rally 93% of the votes that Clinton did. Alabama is literally the most conservative state in the entire country, and Jones is the first liberal of any strain to be senator their.
Rasp
Officer

Post by Rasp »

Draco Dracul wrote: Young professionals are a tiny part of Alabama's population. It's actually losing millennials faster than any other state. Assuming that going radical didn't cause higher turn out from the older white crowd in the name of stopping Communism, many of the people you'd be turning out with such a campaign will have moved on to greener pastures by next election. Never mind the fact that in a special election, which generally have abysmal turn out, Jones managed to rally 93% of the votes that Clinton did. Alabama is literally the most conservative state in the entire country, and Jones is the first liberal of any strain to be senator their.
oh to them EVERY election is about trying to stop communism as you said its the most conservative state in the union to them Rand Paul would be considered a communist sympathizer. I still think you could pull something off but that might be optimism talking if the demographics are that bad - but the younger generation was disproportional in backing jones even if he was a bland no message waste of air. Remember these are the first generations to grow up in the age of the internet and its easier for the young to be exposed to more progressive ideas regardless of their physical location.
I am the one who requested Chuck review Kannazuki No Miko. (under an old alias)

I count it among the most despicable things I have ever done to another human being and I'm sorry.

Things I have requested that are not evil:
* Anna's Quest
* Contradiction
* TECHNOBABYLON
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Rasp wrote:
Draco Dracul wrote: Young professionals are a tiny part of Alabama's population. It's actually losing millennials faster than any other state. Assuming that going radical didn't cause higher turn out from the older white crowd in the name of stopping Communism, many of the people you'd be turning out with such a campaign will have moved on to greener pastures by next election. Never mind the fact that in a special election, which generally have abysmal turn out, Jones managed to rally 93% of the votes that Clinton did. Alabama is literally the most conservative state in the entire country, and Jones is the first liberal of any strain to be senator their.
oh to them EVERY election is about trying to stop communism as you said its the most conservative state in the union to them Rand Paul would be considered a communist sympathizer. I still think you could pull something off but that might be optimism talking if the demographics are that bad - but the younger generation was disproportional in backing jones even if he was a bland no message waste of air. Remember these are the first generations to grow up in the age of the internet and its easier for the young to be exposed to more progressive ideas regardless of their physical location.
The younger generation is disproportionate in supporting Jones, but it's shrinking faster than the older generation. And again, Jones managed a record breaking turnout for a special election, largely due to rallying what little base the Democrats have in Alabama and tireless campaigning. He won almost entirely on the fact that republicans didn't show up the polls, a Sander-esque fire brand might have been able to get a better democratic turn out, but would have certainly had far more republicans showing up to vote against him.

I mean if you really wanted someone to spank Moore, you'd need to find a pro-life Democrat with a long history of being pro-life.
Wild_Kraken
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Wild_Kraken »

Antiboyscout wrote:It is? Did he say he was going to rape her in the year book? This is no picture of a man groping a woman.
The yearbook signature is corroborating evidence. It proves that the woman and Moore knew each other at the time of the alleged relationship. Along with statements by the accusers, as well as locals (such as the people who knew he was banned from a local mall), as well as people who worked with Moore, this creates an obvious pattern that there is something to the accusations. Additionally, Project Veritas's attempt at creating a fake Moore accuser to discredit the media failed because the journalists investigating it did basic research and concluded she was not who she said she was. From this it can be concluded that the stories of the actual accusers are more credible, since they didn't collapse under the most basic of questioning.

Additionally, additionally, you're demanding too high a standard of evidence. If pictures were needed to prove the validity of any claim made by anyone, most murders could never be solved. Same goes for rapes, thefts, frauds, etc. etc.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Wild_Kraken wrote: Additionally, additionally, you're demanding too high a standard of evidence. If pictures were needed to prove the validity of any claim made by anyone, most murders could never be solved. Same goes for rapes, thefts, frauds, etc. etc.
pretty sure most murders are solved via DNA evidence, and rapes, and thefts. not so much frauds but...

Asking for DNA would be more ridiculous to corroborate an accusation of a crime this old.