Frozen Embyros

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Frozen Embyros

Post by McAvoy »

Tbh, it's not like we are talking about embryos that's around let's say even at the six week point but literally just a collection of cells that could and would develop into a human being nine months later.

I am not 100% sure but I think the human fertilized embryos is just at that point where the sperm and egg meet and being division but has yet to even be in the womb yet. Still floating down the fallopian tube.

I think the only ones who should be in charge of what happens to the embryos is the owner. The parental couple, the suurgate relationship, even the lab. Anyone else should not be allowed to do anything with them, which I think might be the law anyway.
I got nothing to say here.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

So what the problem with them again?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:48 pm So what the problem with them again?
In the Pro-life camp embryos is life upon conception as in a human being. You toss them, you are tossing a baby.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:37 pm I think the only ones who should be in charge of what happens to the embryos is the owner. The parental couple, the surrogate relationship, even the lab. Anyone else should not be allowed to do anything with them, which I think might be the law anyway.
This is probably the most appropriate legal position on it, considering these are essentially donor cells from those people. It is not yet its own being. It is a collection of cells harvested from two people with their permission.

As far as I understand the process, anyway.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Deledrius wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:20 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:37 pm I think the only ones who should be in charge of what happens to the embryos is the owner. The parental couple, the surrogate relationship, even the lab. Anyone else should not be allowed to do anything with them, which I think might be the law anyway.
This is probably the most appropriate legal position on it, considering these are essentially donor cells from those people. It is not yet its own being. It is a collection of cells harvested from two people with their permission.

As far as I understand the process, anyway.
To me it makes the most sense too. You have to treat the embryo as part of the donors and there should be protections for that. I think there might be a law for it but I am not sure.

Probably different in each state.

That being said, let's say my wife and I due to our age (realistic reason too) try to do artificial insemination. We succeed with leftover embryos. But due to treatments (also realistic) we end up with quadruplets. Now my wife and I obviously have our hands full with four brand new babies and having yet another one, is the furtherest from our minds.

We did our but to further the human race. We don't need the other embryos. It should be within our rights to dispose of those embryos as any way see fit. Trash or even donating it to the lab or someone else. Our choice and should not be the government's.

Unless they want to pay that storage fee.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I mean it should be allow to give it to someone else who can't for whatever reason.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:49 pm I mean it should be allow to give it to someone else who can't for whatever reason.
That is allowed. It's just paperwork. And perhaps knowing that there is a kid that is biologically yours and your partner but outside that, just paperwork.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

As someone mentioned earlier part of the problem here is that this wasn't even a case of chucking, it was a mistake which resulted in embroys lost, a result no-one wanted.

Is the morning after pill illegal in some parts of the USA?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Riedquat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:04 pm As someone mentioned earlier part of the problem here is that this wasn't even a case of chucking, it was a mistake which resulted in embroys lost, a result no-one wanted.

Is the morning after pill illegal in some parts of the USA?
My understanding is yes.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

For now...