Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

phantom000 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:27 pm Based on this account, it seems more like an accident than a deliberate massacre.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/is ... ocialshare
Yeah I'm going to take any assertion that this was an accident with a grain of salt, given the amount of spin that has been consistently applied in Israel's favor in media coverage.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

phantom000 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:27 pm Based on this account, it seems more like an accident than a deliberate massacre.

Whilst I can believe it could be an accident I also don't find it too hard to believe that Israel isn't making much effort to avoid accidents. They're still hell-bent on wiping out Hamas (an idea I have no problem with whatsoever, the atrocities they commited last year illustrate strongly just what a vile organisation it is), but really couldn't care who gets in their way to do that, and it all looks very much like they want to hurt Palestine as a whole (it wouldn't surprise me if Netenyahu was glad of an excuse to).
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

SG Christopher Lockyear of Doctors Without Borders says
Israeli forces have attacked our convoys, detained our staff, bulldozed our vehicles, hospitals have been bombed and raided. And now for a second time, one of our staff shelters has been hit. This pattern of attacks is either intentional or indicative of reckless incompetence. Our colleagues in #Gaza are fearful that as I speak to you today, they will be punished tomorrow.
Doctors Without Borders rarely make political statements of any kind.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Riedquat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:31 pm

Whilst I can believe it could be an accident I also don't find it too hard to believe that Israel isn't making much effort to avoid accidents. They're still hell-bent on wiping out Hamas (an idea I have no problem with whatsoever, the atrocities they commited last year illustrate strongly just what a vile organisation it is), but really couldn't care who gets in their way to do that, and it all looks very much like they want to hurt Palestine as a whole (it wouldn't surprise me if Netenyahu was glad of an excuse to).
The funny thing is, the leaders of Israel don't even need to order massacres and atrocities. Their own people do it out of their own volition, thanks to their propaganda. That country is suffering from the same malaise Germany was in the 1930s and 40s. Define an enemy and dehumanize them. The rest comes all on it's own. And Hamas did their very best to help that.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

What Hamas did is completely irrelevant at this point.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:32 pm What Hamas did is completely irrelevant at this point.
Yes everyone is on board with that assertion I would say.
..What mirror universe?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:31 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:32 pm What Hamas did is completely irrelevant at this point.
No. Hamas is just as much to blame as Netanyahu and the israeli far right as a whole.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

No, it is not. Not remotely. This isn't a case of having to pick sides, and the behaviour of one in no way lets the other off the hook for what they've done. You're trying to handwave away their rapes and murders (sometimes at the same time) and hostage-taking just because you don't like what Israel is doing. And you shouldn't like what Israel is doing, and it needs to be stopped, but taking things out of context like you want to do can lead to very, very bad conclusions.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:35 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:31 pm
No. Hamas is just as much to blame as Netanyahu and the israeli far right as a whole.
I guess I just meant more like a 0 to 1 scale on Israel's contemptibility at this point. Their response probably wouldn't best be described as measured.
..What mirror universe?