ANOTHER Boeing Whistleblower "commits suicide"

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

ANOTHER Boeing Whistleblower "commits suicide"

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://apnews.com/article/boeing-whist ... c04141e474#

Man, exposing the corruption of a major airline industry must be really depressing, huh? Weird that it only happens with whistleblowers of this one company. Somebody should probably look into that.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Nobody700
Officer

Re: ANOTHER Boeing Whistleblower "commits suicide"

Post by Nobody700 »

One suicide is tragic and should be investigated but could happen. Two is corruption. Three is we're fucked.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

The good news is that there's like thirty boeing whistleblowers.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I hope they bought life insurance, cuz Boeing still has that hitman on speed dial.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:17 am I hope they bought life insurance, cuz Boeing still has that hitman on speed dial.
Pretty sure life insurance does not pay out on a suicide. But I am not sure on Dead Peasant insurance.
The way the world is at the moment I would not be surprised if it did.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

TGLS wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:29 pm The good news is that there's like thirty boeing whistleblowers.
Yes, but you can get a gun with more than 30 bullets at Walmart.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Nobody700 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 pm One suicide is tragic and should be investigated but could happen. Two is corruption. Three is we're fucked.
OK, to set the record further straight. This isn't the third, this is the first one again. The investigation wrapped up and they determined that the guy who apparently committed suicide in March, in fact committed suicide. The second "suicide" wasn't a suicide, it was an apparently very fast moving pneumonia. There's a third guy, who has the same lawyer as the first two, but he's alive and somewhat concerned that there is some kind of conspiracy.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

TGLS wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:47 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 pm One suicide is tragic and should be investigated but could happen. Two is corruption. Three is we're fucked.
OK, to set the record further straight. This isn't the third, this is the first one again. The investigation wrapped up and they determined that the guy who apparently committed suicide in March, in fact committed suicide. The second "suicide" wasn't a suicide, it was an apparently very fast moving pneumonia. There's a third guy, who has the same lawyer as the first two, but he's alive and somewhat concerned that there is some kind of conspiracy.
Can't blame him, this is getting weird.