Wow They did it.

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
sayla0079
Captain

Wow They did it.

Post by sayla0079 »

Wow didn't expect it to actually happen.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live/trump-v ... 28980.html
Nobody700
Officer

Re: Wow They did it.

Post by Nobody700 »

Now... we wait for what happens.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Popped a champagne mini and put on Halestorm's "Here's To Us". It may not stop him outright, but we need to celebrate the wins where we can find them.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Nobody700 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:48 pm Now... we wait for what happens.
There is still the appeals court. If I remember correctly, they can overturn a conviction but that doesn't mean the charges just disappear because the appeals court is to be certain all legal procedures have been followed.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Trump's own lawyers seemed bound and determined to undermine anything that could be used for an appeal from day one.

Probably won't matter because of how blatantly he's been getting special treatment, though. Anyone else would have had their bail revoked if they pulled a quarter the stunts and blatant contempt he has.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 10:40 pm Trump's own lawyers seemed bound and determined to undermine anything that could be used for an appeal from day one.

Probably won't matter because of how blatantly he's been getting special treatment, though. Anyone else would have had their bail revoked if they pulled a quarter the stunts and blatant contempt he has.
Definitely. That is the true two tier system right there.

I guess we will see with the appeals but it may not happen only because Trump has been scraping at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to lawyers now. Combination of they have to toe the Trump party line and a habit of not paying his lawyers either.
I got nothing to say here.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

My cynical take? Trump gets elected again and just pardons himself.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

He's been pretty blatant it's the only reason he's running.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Nealithi wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:31 am My cynical take? Trump gets elected again and just pardons himself.
President can only pardon federal crimes. These were state charges.
pilight
Officer

Post by pilight »

He'll never get jail time. If he gets probation and can't leave the state it will hamper his campaign.