Wow They did it.

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Nobody700
Captain

Re: Wow They did it.

Post by Nobody700 »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:28 am There is alot of angry MAGAs (obviously) that are stating that the Democrats let the gates open. As in Republicans going after Democrats legally. Which is, I am fine with it, hasn't that been done already at least with non-presidential candidates. But if a presumptive Democrat candidate has broken laws big or small, then by all means put him or her in court. No one should be above the law.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO You must become tribal and insist that no one should be punished!

seriously this is the worst part of a cult. "Oh you say it's wrong for our leader to murder a guy? What if YOUR boss murdered a guy!"

"Punish him."

"NO WAIT!"
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nobody700 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:31 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:28 am There is alot of angry MAGAs (obviously) that are stating that the Democrats let the gates open. As in Republicans going after Democrats legally. Which is, I am fine with it, hasn't that been done already at least with non-presidential candidates. But if a presumptive Democrat candidate has broken laws big or small, then by all means put him or her in court. No one should be above the law.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO You must become tribal and insist that no one should be punished!

seriously this is the worst part of a cult. "Oh you say it's wrong for our leader to murder a guy? What if YOUR boss murdered a guy!"

"Punish him."

"NO WAIT!"
I agree.

What they are really saying is that they want the Republicans to create genuine witch hunts on Democrats. So if that person didn't pay a parking ticket or misfiled a tax return in 1999 or their finances are just slightly off, then they should prosecuted. Or go after family members.

Just like they tried with Hunter when it came to trying to impeach Biden.
I got nothing to say here.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Seriously did anyone in good faith care about that laptop?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:31 am Seriously did anyone in good faith care about that laptop?
As far as I can tell, not really. Small percentage felt the laptop wasn't enough evidence. The rest felt it was the holy grail to get at Biden. Then again the small issues in Biden's banm account was also supported to be a smoking gun too.

Now I wouldn't put it past Biden to use his name and even his position to get his son better deals (like who wouldn't), I truly did think the Republicans were only doing it because Biden was president.

Trump on the other hand, has many issues with the law that had nothing to do with presidency. Some of which really has to wait until he wasn't the President.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:31 am Seriously did anyone in good faith care about that laptop?
I think they did for about five minutes until law enforcement got an actual look and found out it was a hard drive with no chain of custody where all the confirmable real files had metadata showing it was taken from an IPhone and the rest was incredibly obvious Kremlin fabrications.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Meanwhile a Democratic Senator is under investigation for bribery and will undoubtedly be convicted.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Which is funny, because it's not that hard for a senator to take bribes LEGALLY. This guy just completely fucked up and then blamed it on his wife.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:34 am
I think they did for about five minutes until law enforcement got an actual look and found out it was a hard drive with no chain of custody where all the confirmable real files had metadata showing it was taken from an IPhone and the rest was incredibly obvious Kremlin fabrications.
Wasn't there an issue of when the hard drive was actually manufactured? I vaguely remember something like that. I wouldn't piss on Trump to put out a fire but I will beat the hell out of that fire with something heavy to put out the fire. That fire was innocent and didn't deserve to be on something so vile.
Last edited by McAvoy on Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:52 pm
Meanwhile a Democratic Senator is under investigation for bribery and will undoubtedly be convicted.
Yep. Which is why this complaining from the MAGA about going after Democrats is falling on deaf ears. Legal system is working for the most part.

But of course Trump wants to change the Constitution now which is no surprise.
Last edited by McAvoy on Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I mean, Hunter Biden took a cushy sinecure job to facilitate his lifestyle of cocaine and hookers.

The Republicans have difficulty going after that given the man they support.