Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:01 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:05 pm It seems that this is an internal fight between Netanyahu and his own cabinet.
And that's the master-stroke that Biden struck, without anyone noticing. See, that proposal? Not created with the influence of the US at all. It's a strictly INTERNAL proposal that was circulated in Israeli governmental circles. Biden just put it out there all willy-nilly, pretending it's an honest proposal with the involvement of the Israeli government, causing some much needed havoc in Tel Aviv. Meanwhile, the opposition actually offered Netanyahu (I really despise calling him Bibi, as that's like calling Hitler Addi in my eyes) to support his government, if they go for that proposal and the extreme right predictably quits the government.

Hence, why I was asking earlier. "They" not supporting the president, was implying the israeli government isn't backing a proposal they made in conjunction with the US. This flew under everybody's radar and it puts Netanyahu into a really bad spot. Either he backs out and thus shows everyone where he really stands and what he wants to do (namely killing all the Palestinians) an thus potentially giving Biden a way out of the suicide-pact the US has going with Israel or Netanyahu accepts and Palestine actually has a chance for a future.
Remind me to never to play chicken with Biden in an international fiasco.

Though honestly he's probably not the first person I'd want to play chicken with anyhoo.
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I hope your right, Madner Kami, because everything I've seen suggests that Biden is 100% committed beyond the occaisional half-hearted finger-wagging and "concern".
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:10 pm I hope your right, Madner Kami, because everything I've seen suggests that Biden is 100% committed beyond the occaisional half-hearted finger-wagging and "concern".
I had a far different interpretation that Biden thinks he can influence Israel policy because of the longstanding relationship but is blocked because Netanyahu is a guy desperately trying to stay out of jail and only has the war to protect his reputation.

Biden keeps acting like all world leaders are sane rationale adults and not the guy from "Wag the Dog."
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

I think that's both a generous opinion on Biden's morals and a damning opinion on his intelligence.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

What upsets me is that the UN has had to strong arm Israel to allow humanitarian aid to displaced Palestiniains.

What concerns me is that the Israeli war effort doesn't seem have any kind of goal aside from wrecking as much of Palestine as it possibly can.

If you don't know what you're trying to achieve how can you tell if you're winning or losing?
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

phantom000 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:52 am What upsets me is that the UN has had to strong arm Israel to allow humanitarian aid to displaced Palestiniains.

What concerns me is that the Israeli war effort doesn't seem have any kind of goal aside from wrecking as much of Palestine as it possibly can.

If you don't know what you're trying to achieve how can you tell if you're winning or losing?
What they are trying to achieve is Palestine's nonexistence, even if they aren't saying that out loud.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Yeah. "Winning" for them is measured by the body count, nothing else.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:03 am Yeah. "Winning" for them is measured by the body count, nothing else.
And that's not a goal because there will always be more. Netanyahu is already trying to pick a fight with Lebanon and Syria so he he will have another war to fight once he crushes Palestine. He says he wants to remove anyone who can threaten Israel which makes me laugh because he's going to do that is if he conquers the entire world. Everyone can threaten everyone else, it's called MAD.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

phantom000 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:19 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:03 am Yeah. "Winning" for them is measured by the body count, nothing else.
And that's not a goal because there will always be more. Netanyahu is already trying to pick a fight with Lebanon and Syria so he he will have another war to fight once he crushes Palestine. He says he wants to remove anyone who can threaten Israel which makes me laugh because he's going to do that is if he conquers the entire world. Everyone can threaten everyone else, it's called MAD.
I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself with all the figurations being thrown between Fuzzy and Bibi.
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

So, IDF forces snuck in by disguising themselves as an aid truck. And then proceeded to shoot unarmed refugees and doctors. And they're trying to spin this as "We are the good guys".
https://www.israelhayom.com/2024/06/08/ ... coy-truck/

Evil. Pure evil.