Fox News showcases poll in favor of Biden.

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Fox News showcases poll in favor of Biden.

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Power laces... alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Fox News showcases poll in favor of Biden.

Post by McAvoy »

Tbh, I don't trust polls. I am more of I believe it when I see it.
I got nothing to say here.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I like to believe in a sane world Trump wouldn't just be losing but by a massive amount.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Yeah but... what if you really REALLY wanted to spite your nose?
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

The margin of error on political polls for the last few years has been in double digits. They mean basically nothing anymore.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

And even in the era of reliable polls, presidential elections are still pretty all over the map before the conventions, even when there's already a presumptive nominee. So while it's certainly worthy of concern that Trump isn't polling in the single digits, neither is polling something to fret about for a few months yet.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:19 pm The margin of error on political polls for the last few years has been in double digits. They mean basically nothing anymore.
This is my feeling as well.

The most important thing is for voters to go out and vote this November. Don't think that your vote doesn't matter or the Democrats has it in the bag.

I do feel that Trump has lost voters and I do feel many will abstain from voting for either party, doubt a card carrying Republican will vote for Biden. I also feel Biden has lost voters too due to policies or whatever they view him as a President. But I suspect many of these lost voters may show up just because they are still Never Trumpers.

Still cannot believe we are at this point. We all knew Trump was going to run again in 2020 and the best we got was Biden. Then we all thought it would be a reset, a new frontrunner would forward and Biden would only do a single term. But nope.

I mean maybe someday we will vote in someone not from the Boomer generation.
I got nothing to say here.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

The real problem comes in that when someone DOES come in who wants to bring change... AMERICA rejects them. Not just the high up, the MAJORITY of America. Let's face it, we are in a echo chamber. Most Americans do NOT want a progressive as president... I mean, look at Obama. His legacy has pretty much been less pleasent and even HE was too progressive for most America... why do you think Trump came off so strong to them?
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

The Democratic party desperately needs new leadership. This "run someone as far right as you can find that still calls themselves a Democrat in hopes of capturing ten moderates even if it costs you a hundred votes from progressives you gave no reason to support you" nonsense they're still dead set on is how we got Trump in the first place, and with the younger generations getting more and more progressive it's an even worse plan now.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:48 amI mean maybe someday we will vote in someone not from the Boomer generation.
"No Boomers? Well how about Biden? He's from the Silent generation!"
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu