Fox News showcases poll in favor of Biden.

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Fox News showcases poll in favor of Biden.

Post by hammerofglass »

It's not happening with Civil War 2 either, there'd be nothing left to rebuild.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:38 am Well then, I guess it's time to drink heavily and sob.
Well theirs always Jello.

I didn't mean to come off too harsh, just... these things happen. It's not good or desired or wanted. In the end Fuzzy, I agree a lot with ya. You're a good person. But sadly... the world is the way it is, but things ARE getting better. Not as quickly and not constantly... but they are.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm scared of the civil war that will come if 45 gets elected, and I'm scared there will still be one even if he loses.

I just can't believe the people and ideologies I have to ally myself with so we can have a tiny bit of breathing room for social progress instead of spending all our energies trying to survive the kakistocracy.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

With how fast Trump's dementia is very visibly getting worse I'm not confident he'll even make it to November. Although that might actually be worse; a lot of people who don't understand or care how bad the Republican plans are and just dislike Trump personally might stay home and let his replacement coast to victory.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:13 pm With how fast Trump's dementia is very visibly getting worse I'm not confident he'll even make it to November. Although that might actually be worse; a lot of people who don't understand or care how bad the Republican plans are and just dislike Trump personally might stay home and let his replacement coast to victory.
One of many reasons that putting undue attention on Project 2025 is a really stupid idea I’d say. While it’s certainly worth acknowledging that it’s a lot more ORGANIZED than the republicans have been in a while, fundamentally it’s half stuff they’ve been openly aching to do for the last 10-20 years and half stuff they’ve been aching to do since Reagan. It’s just normal Republican stuff all put into one place and in an order that might help them get out of their own way.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

CmdrKing wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:17 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:13 pm With how fast Trump's dementia is very visibly getting worse I'm not confident he'll even make it to November. Although that might actually be worse; a lot of people who don't understand or care how bad the Republican plans are and just dislike Trump personally might stay home and let his replacement coast to victory.
One of many reasons that putting undue attention on Project 2025 is a really stupid idea I’d say. While it’s certainly worth acknowledging that it’s a lot more ORGANIZED than the republicans have been in a while, fundamentally it’s half stuff they’ve been openly aching to do for the last 10-20 years and half stuff they’ve been aching to do since Reagan. It’s just normal Republican stuff all put into one place and in an order that might help them get out of their own way.
On the one hand yeah, it's what the GOP has been all about for 50 years and more. On the other hand I've never met a (non-authoritarian) conservative or moderate who wasn't in open denial of that fact or dismissed it as hyperbole. They worked hard to keep it that way, too. You'd see it openly in places like the Texas GOP platform but on the national level they made damn sure it stayed out of the public discourse.

This is in the open with their names on it. Just fully tits-out shouting "we're literal puppy-killing bad guys and here's our plan to destroy America and replace it with a theocratic dictatorship."

Also John Oliver already did an episode so they really couldn't ignore it if they wanted to at this point, it's in the zeitgeist.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Aye, moreso I mean that talking about it as a discrete event has gotten tangled up with Trump and his candidacy, which just isn't accurate. It's better to talk about how basically it's a political necessity to break the Republicans entirely and leave them unable to rise ever again.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Its not happening fast enough. My guess, if what we think is happening is correct we won't see the endgame of dimentia till after, November. But I did see dimentia get real bad fast from personal experience.

2017 my grandfather woke up to not knowing who my grandmother was. 74 years married. That was April. By July, he was completely out of it and on July 2nd, he died in his sleep. My grandmother was out of it herself but took longer, April of 2018. His was rapid, hers was slower.

My grandmother was known as an escape artist even at the ripe age of 96 though even with dimentia. So there is that.
I got nothing to say here.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 amMy grandmother was known as an escape artist even at the ripe age of 96 though even with dimentia. So there is that.
That's the funny part. Demented people are unburdened by experiences and thus don't think in the same lines as the people around them, granting them a grade of creativity that can be quite astounding.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:27 am
McAvoy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 amMy grandmother was known as an escape artist even at the ripe age of 96 though even with dimentia. So there is that.
That's the funny part. Demented people are unburdened by experiences and thus don't think in the same lines as the people around them, granting them a grade of creativity that can be quite astounding.
This is true. She was also very mobile for her age.

Though her mental state was sad though. Quite a few times she thought she was a teenager or a young 20 something wife waiting on her husband to come back from WW2. Then asking where her son was (he was born in 1942 but died in 2009). Though all of us kinda took advantage of this and asked many questions depending what timeframe she was living in at that time.

Was just heart breaking to her like that.
I got nothing to say here.