2nd Presidential debate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: 2nd Presidential debate

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Yes Jr seem like a tool.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:36 pm Yes Jr seem like a tool.
Both of them are tools. At least Ivanka seems to be more reasonable intelligent. I know nothing about poor Tiffany though.
I got nothing to say here.
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

Kamala wants round 2, Trump says that he can't cause he's still crying after being beat the first time.

I mean... his schedule can't fit cause he's too busy golfing.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I'm betting the VP debate isn't going to be much better for them. Vance is less prone to going off on Grampa Simpson rants but he's so marinated in weird Very Online far-right communities that he just always sounds like a crazy person to everyone else. Same problem DeSantis has, but a lot deeper down the rabbit hole
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Nobody700 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:56 am Kamala wants round 2, Trump says that he can't cause he's still crying after being beat the first time.

I mean... his schedule can't fit cause he's too busy golfing.
How does that sound better?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:30 am I'm betting the VP debate isn't going to be much better for them. Vance is less prone to going off on Grampa Simpson rants but he's so marinated in weird Very Online far-right communities that he just always sounds like a crazy person to everyone else. Same problem DeSantis has, but a lot deeper down the rabbit hole
It will be interesting. I think Vance will hold up better in being able to answer questions but whether they will be lies or weird, I don't know. I can see Walz doing a better job being on the attack and answering questions.

We will see.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I just wonder if it would work, I don't hear crowd chanting for Vance, I do for Trump.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:30 pm I just wonder if it would work, I don't hear crowd chanting for Vance, I do for Trump.
VP debates is pointless IMO. I doubt Vance himself would bring in new voters. Walz though is more personable, more down to the Earth kind of guy. I can see him bringing in some votes though.

Does a good enough job, he could run for president though. 67-68 if Harris does two terms.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I accidentally miss read that and thought you meant he should run in the year 2068.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Same.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville