Chinese Solar

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
phantom000
Captain

Chinese Solar

Post by phantom000 »

There seems to be a lot of buzz about the Chinese Solar industry right now.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/30/news/ec ... index.html

I read this and thought 'my god, one of trump's policies is actually doing what he wants it to...' of course it is a Chinese company instead of an American one, be interesting to hear what the GOP thinks of that.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/china-f ... rgy-2018-1

China creating jobs in the solar industry? Obviously an example of communist corruption, who in their right mind would want to work on a floating solar farm when they can be scratching rocks down in a deep dark coal mine?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Chinese Solar

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

While I have some issues with the Chinese government, I gotta say they are making actual progress on this Clean Energy and Environmental thing that we tend to just sit on our hands about. I'm glad at least SOMEBODY is doing it.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

They're also one of the biggest polluters, and have been taken to task for a while now over their smog problem, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason for this sudden interest on their part. And as an added bonus, the materials and processes used in producing solar panels are already inherently toxic, so no one can accuse them of loading them with lead or something like that. :lol:
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Admiral, at least they are DOING something to address the problem they create, unlike a certain other nation with a much smaller population and a very comparable pollution output.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville