Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot

Post by Antiboyscout »

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/buffy- ... 202880128/

I only watched the original occasionally, but it was a very well loved series.
Joss Whedon will be involved.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot

Post by Antiboyscout »

https://www.themarysue.com/i-dont-want-a-black-buffy/

"It’d be better if it were spinoff series with a black Slayer—which could still turn out to be the case, with the show still in early development—because then, at least, she could be her own person, but even that doesn’t have the same benefits as something wholly original."

I love the smell of SJW hypocrisy in the morning.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

If Joss Whedon is still involved with it, then it will only be worse than the original.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

The fact that Josh hasn't touched this series since the end of Angel means he's kinda done with the series. He hasn't done anything with Firefly and that show has more cult following than anything else he's done.

A revived Buffy series with or without Whedon is perfect for the current social climate regardless if they spice it up with SJW shit. It could be worse. CW could of gotten their hands on it
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Gods, excalibur, I hope you're right about this. I'm just pretty certain that Whedon has lost any remants of self-knowledge, subtlety, or restraint he once had.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville