Democratic Primary News Thread

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Democratic Primary News Thread

Post by Yukaphile »

Does that count as tagging? Whatever, I'll take it as such. I'm not concerned about Baby Boomers, since I tend to think many Millennials are just as bad if not worse, so much as stupid people being stupid in large groups. I saw Democrats right after 2016 saying we shouldn't nominate another woman, the danger is too great, we're too misogynistic to ever elect a female President. But how many of those people would accept a female Vice-President in a token "the man gave it to her" support role literally on the 100-year anniversary since women got the right to vote? Some think it's destiny, but there is no such thing as destiny. I could literally see this country proving it hadn't changed in 100 years and put to official public display, "Yeah, we still think women belong in support roles, not leading the charge."
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:52 pmDoes that count as tagging?
He was talking about you, not at you.
Yukaphile wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:52 pmWhatever, I'll take it as such.
Everybody raise their hands, if they are truely surprised by this unexpected development of events... Noone? Yeah, thought so.
Yukaphile wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:52 pmwe're too misogynistic to ever elect a female President.
That's a lot of words that are provably false, no matter how often you repeat them. As a matter of fact, more than half the US voters opted for a female president in your last election, if I recall right.
Last edited by Madner Kami on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

And they'll probably go back on said decision, because... people are really, really stupid.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

No, people are not really, really stupid. You are just a depressed right-hand-fucker*, who can't see the good even when it jumps right into your face.

*Since you proclaimed to never have had sex with a female of our species, I have to assume that you are at least no mother-fucker.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

What good is there here? We're probably not going to nominate one of the many qualified women running, which is a damned travesty.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I mean, yeah, Clinton technically won, but also didn't get to serve. And there's the undeniable fact many downright hated her and she wasn't their first choice. Ask Fuzzy about that.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

CmdrKing wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:58 pm Yukaphile is inspired i’m Sure by things like this: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/po ... e-for-men/

It’s honestly a creepy article? But I think in the main it’s not something to worry about just yet.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/politics ... index.html

Now this is messy instant polls at a national scale, so absolutely not to be taken at face value. But the movement and directions are predictable as hell, and will in all likelihood be reflected to less dramatic effect in more formal quality polls. But yeah, I just think there’s a reasonable chance that enough Boomers have, at last, died to open up paths of progress.
Idunno... creepy? It's just one lady still living in the Mad Men days. There's far worse mindsets I could point to.
..What mirror universe?
Rasp
Officer

Post by Rasp »

You know I don't like Harris (I don't vote for cops) but I'm still chuckling over her probably destroying Bidens campaign during the debate. It's like... Lady your run as a prosecutor was merciless and horrific, I'll never forgive you for the many lives you destroyed without conscience or remorse in your little crusade... but that was freaking hilarious mate. Credit where it's due Biden is gonna be hard pressed to get up after a hit like that. Honestly I hope they destroy each other, I really do. "Let them fight!"

I dunno I had fun. Side note Yang was a huge letdown. I thought he was gonna be way funner. Like he's kind of an idiot when pressed on policy even I can see that but oooof, I was at least expecting funny.

10/10 would watch handsy joe squirm like a toddler again.
Last edited by Rasp on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the one who requested Chuck review Kannazuki No Miko. (under an old alias)

I count it among the most despicable things I have ever done to another human being and I'm sorry.

Things I have requested that are not evil:
* Anna's Quest
* Contradiction
* TECHNOBABYLON
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

If not Harris, who? Biden isn't the only one who's said he wants a female running partner, on the 100-year anniversary women got the right to vote.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Yukaphile wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:11 pm I mean, yeah, Clinton technically won, but also didn't get to serve. And there's the undeniable fact many downright hated her and she wasn't their first choice. Ask Fuzzy about that.
Many hating her had little effect on her getting more votes than Trump. Besides, Trump is hated by many as well and is still your president. Your point is thus invalid and just as I predicted earlier, as soon as reality proves you wrong, you are going to shift goalposts.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox