Johnson & Johnson guilty of pushing Opiates in Okalahoma

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Johnson & Johnson guilty of pushing Opiates in Okalahoma

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/johnson-and-johnson-oklahoma-opioid-trial-876652/

Case could set precedence for thousands like it.

Company must pay $572 MILLION for nationwide epidemic.

Other companies included in the mix.
..What mirror universe?
Rasp
Officer

Re: Johnson & Johnson guilty of pushing Opiates in Okalahoma

Post by Rasp »

So they basically got away with it without consequences? I mean $572 million wouldn't even qualify as a slap on the wrist for a company so large. (let alone come anywhere close to the actual cost of the damage they did) So we're keeping with the same precedent America has set for corporations since the 1980's. No Real Consequences! This is what people mean when they praise the free market. The right of corporations to do whatever they like with effectively no accountability.
I am the one who requested Chuck review Kannazuki No Miko. (under an old alias)

I count it among the most despicable things I have ever done to another human being and I'm sorry.

Things I have requested that are not evil:
* Anna's Quest
* Contradiction
* TECHNOBABYLON
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Johnson & Johnson guilty of pushing Opiates in Okalahoma

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well they're just part of it. Purdue Medical and some other group paid up already.
..What mirror universe?