Boris Johnson is the new British Prime Minister

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Boris Johnson is the new British Prime Minister

Post by clearspira »

unknownsample wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 am The reason why Boris wasn't there was becasue he didn't want a face protest from British expats.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/865348/citing-booing-protesters-boris-johnson-ditches-news-conference-after-meeting-eu-official

So much for the Incredible Hulk.
Nope it's because he couldn't be heard over the rabble. Very unprofessional of Luxembourg not to move it inside like he wanted.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Draco Dracul wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:46 am
clearspira wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:08 pm Not a good look from Luxembourg ''empty platforming'' Mr Johnson. Being insulted by a country that is so small it might as well be a county really is not convincing us to stay. It is pettiness that has hardened Leavers, and frankly the threat that they will veto a Brexit extension is an empty threat as he will never bite the EU hand that feeds him.
Where do you get the idea that the EU wants you guys to stay? The initial extensions were about you guys putting together plans that weren't self-contradictory, and after that plan was rejected it looks to me that the others have been about giving the EU time to brace for a no deal Brexit.
They want us to stay because money. Simple as that.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

clearspira wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:05 am
unknownsample wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 am The reason why Boris wasn't there was becasue he didn't want a face protest from British expats.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/865348/citing-booing-protesters-boris-johnson-ditches-news-conference-after-meeting-eu-official

Nope it's because he couldn't be heard over the rabble. Very unprofessional of Luxembourg not to move it inside like he wanted.
The rabble being British expats who are worried about their future.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

unknownsample wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:11 am

But also unprofessional. Would it really have hurt him to just go inside?
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

clearspira wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 am

For a politician giving up because of an angry crowd is very unprofessional. If he was unprepared for this he should have never gone into politics.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

So Boris lost again, this time in the Supreme Court. Parliament is coming back a few weeks early, and he's says he won't resign while others are calling for his resignation.

https://wapo.st/2mFif2H
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-k-supreme-court-suspension-of-parliament-unlawful-1.5294965
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

Draco Dracul wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:11 pm

For a politician giving up because of an angry crowd is very unprofessional. If he was unprepared for this he should have never gone into politics.
Very professional on BOTH sides. Luxemburg organizes a crowd to shout down Boris, they would do that wouldn't they? Boris would have spoken to a hostile crowd that was willing to listen and give counter-arguments. The crowd's duty was to shout down Boris, they would never listen.

Brendan Behan said "They court-martialed me in my absence. They sentenced me to death in my absence. They can shoot me in my absence." Likewise, Boris said "They can shout me down in my absence." And the Crowd did indeed shout down Boris in his absence, they did not need Boris to be there.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Allow me to walk onto the stage, for a moment, to say my piece...

*snorts and snickers*

Thank you, dear audience, I will leave the stage now.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Artabax wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Very professional on BOTH sides. Luxemburg organizes a crowd to shout down Boris, they would do that wouldn't they? Boris would have spoken to a hostile crowd that was willing to listen and give counter-arguments. The crowd's duty was to shout down Boris, they would never listen.
Idea of Luxemburg some how organizing crowd to shout down single politician is so silly that it seems like one of fantasies that people you that don't like in reality have. And it most likely is. I doubt you can prove that fantasy of your's to be true giving me no reason to take you seriously ever again. It did give me good laugh I give you that.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

Mecha82 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:17 pm
Artabax wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Idea of Luxemburg some how organizing crowd to shout down single politician is so silly that it seems like one of fantasies that people you that don't like in reality have. And it most likely is. I doubt you can prove that fantasy of your's to be true giving me no reason to take you seriously ever again. It did give me good laugh I give you that.
Luxemburg is so small, everybody knows everybody. To organize a rabble, all you gotta do is whisper to Aunt Dolly at the Post Office, then by lunchtime everybody will know.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.