Neo-Nazi tried to blow up hospital of corona virus patients

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Neo-Nazi tried to blow up hospital of corona virus patients

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

JoeThree wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 pm
Mecha82 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:13 pm Is anyone really surprised? Other than growd that thinks that white people can't be terrorists and that only muslims can be terrorits. US has had cases on domestic terrorism before mostly by religions anti-abortion nut cases that kill abortion doctors and burn or bomb plan parenthood's clinics.
I'm assuming what you're TRYING to say is that the majority of terrorist attacks in the US are by Christians attacking abortion clinics. That is factually incorrect.
The vast majority of terrorist attacks in the USA are by Christians, period. Abortion clinics happen to be a popular and high-profile target for Christian terrorists.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:24 am
Mecha82 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:13 pm Is anyone really surprised? Other than growd that thinks that white people can't be terrorists and that only muslims can be terrorits. US has had cases on domestic terrorism before mostly by religions anti-abortion nut cases that kill abortion doctors and burn or bomb plan parenthood's clinics.
I'm assuming what you're TRYING to say is that the majority of terrorist attacks in the US are by Christians attacking abortion clinics. That is factually incorrect.
The vast majority of terrorist attacks in the USA are by Christians, period. Abortion clinics happen to be a popular and high-profile target for Christian terrorists.
Yes. Any other kind of terrorist attacks are much more rare in US soil. Just because you don't see those reported in mainstream media doesn't mean that those aren't common.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Most citizens of the USA identify as Christians of some creed if only in name, so they are responsible for most things there. Go figure, wild right?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

It's still true.
JoeThree
Officer

Post by JoeThree »

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorism

So many Christians on this page...
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:38 am It's still true.
:lol: Also, dog bites are a far more prevalent source of injuries in the U.S. than shark bites.
JoeThree
Officer

Post by JoeThree »

Citation needed
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Let me see if you'll actually respond to these citations after I bothered dredging them up for you.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/right-wing-terrorist-killings-government-focus-jihadis-islamic-radicalism.html
https://www.hsdl.org/?abstract&did=697463
JoeThree
Officer

Post by JoeThree »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:09 am Let me see if you'll actually respond to these citations after I bothered dredging them up for you.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/08/right-wing-terrorist-killings-government-focus-jihadis-islamic-radicalism.html
https://www.hsdl.org/?abstract&did=697463
I'm ignoring the article from Slate.com because, well, it's Slate.com. You might as well have linked the Guardian.

As for the one from Homeland Security, all that one says is that, in 2011, there were both forms of terrorism and anyone who says otherwise is racist. Boilerplate bullshit from the Obama era. You should've read it before linking it.

Find me and article on per-capita violent terrorism in the US and then we'll talk. You know, one that actually considers "Hey, if there's 4 Muslims and one blows himself up... and 100 Christians and 1 of them blows themselves up it's not the same odds".
JoeThree
Officer

Post by JoeThree »

Mecha82 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:30 am
Yes. Any other kind of terrorist attacks are much more rare in US soil. Just because you don't see those reported in mainstream media doesn't mean that those aren't common.
Oh yes, that damned Right Wing media, always covering up for Christians and Trump.