Trump Departs Washington

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Trump Departs Washington

Post by TGLS »

Apparently Trump has discussed forming a new political party.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/trump- ... 5fMzg1Bkbs
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Good luck with that.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:26 pm I'm really disappointed that he wasn't dragged out kicking, screaming, and soiling himself. That would have been something to warm my heart on cold lonely nights. :(
He's self conscious enough to know that going out like that would really damage his image. He wants to continue to project that image of him as a tough guy*, and being dragged out of the job was the last thing he would do.

*=Even though he bitches like a spoiled baby when things don't go his way exactly. What a alpha male!
Thebestoftherest
Captain

This trial start soon enough
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

I'm not sad to see Mr. Trump depart.

Now the task becomes holding Mr. Biden accountable to his b******t.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Testify captain
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

I want the "Biden honeymoon" to be swift and peter off quickly.

And I don't know what on Earth the MSM will do without Mr. Trump there to bolster their ratings and get people to hate. Like, newsflash, if you don't like Mr. Trump, you're always going to hate him.

Is he still going to be the bogeyman they blame everything bad on? Time will tell.

I hope not, or there will be no healing Mr. Biden claims to want.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:05 am Good luck with that.
The problem with the Trump Party isn't that it'll win, the problem is that it'll split the vote. We have this problem in Britain. There traditionally have only been two parties of note - Labour and Tory. The left vote Labour, the right vote Tory. Simple.

Except not. Because one of the reasons why Labour hasn't won for ten years is because the left-leaning Scottish National Party has taken every seat in Scotland - which traditionally was a Labour stronghold. Additionally, in the last three elections, there was also the Brexit problem. Which meant that the Brexit Party and UKIP was ALSO stealing votes away from Labour as they were seen as being too pro-EU. Basically right now, we have a situation where even though Boris Johnson has made many enemies because of Brexit and his terrible handling of Covid, his opinion polls are still hovering around Labour's precisely because Labour just does not have the numbers any more.

The good news if you are a Democrat is that the only vote that Trump will split is the Republican vote. He may actually help Biden to a second term just by being in the vague proximity.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Didn't biden say he only plan on being a one term president.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Dictator voted out of office.