Police: please don’t sell milkshakes to anti-fascists

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Police: please don’t sell milkshakes to anti-fascists

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:24 pm
clearspira wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 pm
CmdrKing wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 pm This specific one is out of Edinburgh, in advance of a Nigel Farage event: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-ed ... e-48321451

But this has been going on for a week or three now.
Honestly it’s been predictable so far, but we’ll see how the fash hold up under routine public humiliation. Certainly Carl seems much quieter now.
So violence is cool when its against people you don't like?
Nah, fuck that. I don't care if you hate a politician or not. No one deserves to be attacked. ''But it was just a milkshake!'' yeah, this time it was only a milkshake. Next time it could something worse.
If we let them get away with this, it might escalate to margaritas or even, gods forbid, greek yogurt! That would be terrible! It might bring back the dark days of bad performers being pelted with mushy tomatoes! Then, truly, the terrorists will have won.

Good to know that if I meet you at a bar and spill beer on your shirt you'll be pressing charges for assault with a deadly weapon, big man.
It wasn't accidentally spilling it down his shirt. It was walking up to him in the street and intentionally throwing it over him.
Now repeat that back to me. I want to see if you understand.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:26 pm
TGLS wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 pm Well, you know, if you ban milkshakes only the criminals will have milkshakes.
If right wingers are afraid of being splashed with milkshakes, they should stop them with thoughts and prayers.
What does that even mean?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Most right-wingers are the ultra-hard religious crusaders type, is what he's referring to.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

clearspira wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:53 pm
TGLS wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 pm Well, you know, if you ban milkshakes only the criminals will have milkshakes.
If right wingers are afraid of being splashed with milkshakes, they should stop them with thoughts and prayers.
He's referring to the typical right wing response to mass shootings in the US.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Draco Dracul wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:01 pm
clearspira wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:53 pm
He's referring to the typical right wing response to mass shootings in the US.
Oh. Well I have to say that the British right and the American right are two completely different beasts. Our centre right hates guns (like most Brits), is far more secular, and believes in things like gay marriage and abortion etc. The far right, the people who tend to make the headlines precisely because they are the ones who have the ''anti, ist and ism'' views, are by every available poll far smaller in comparison which is one of the reasons why UKIP is doing so badly in comparison to the Brexit party because that is how they are widely seen by voters.
It seems to me that our right is your centre left.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Probably. I mean, I'm way more conservative than the hard-liners.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Because violent suppression of speech you disagree with is fun.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

clearspira wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:16 pmIt seems to me that our right is your centre left.
Democrats don't really hate guns, though yes their views tend to ever be contrasted by our right wing.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:30 pm Because violent suppression of speech you disagree with is fun.
Little known fact: getting any dairy product spilled on your shirt is going to paralyze your vocal chords. My father was killed by a rogue nacho assault.

It's amazing the kind of stuff right-wingers will decry as "violence" while also accusing the left of being a bunch of hyper-sensitive snowflakes and crybabies.

The only sane reaction is for the people with handcuffs and government authority to tell restaurant owners to deny service to people whose politics they disagree with!
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:01 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:30 pm Because violent suppression of speech you disagree with is fun.
Little known fact: getting any dairy product spilled on your shirt is going to paralyze your vocal chords. My father was killed by a rogue nacho assault.

It's amazing the kind of stuff right-wingers will decry as "violence" while also accusing the left of being a bunch of hyper-sensitive snowflakes and crybabies.

The only sane reaction is for the people with handcuffs and government authority to tell restaurant owners to deny service to people whose politics they disagree with!
The only ones on here making this a left and right issue is you and the guy who made the post. I guess ''not being violent to others just because I disagree with them'' is wrongthink now? I dunno man, you are not looking good out of this one.