Police prepared for January 6th attack-- they prepared for Anti-Trump protestors

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Re: Police prepared for January 6th attack-- they prepared for Anti-Trump protestors

Post by Draco Dracul »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:10 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:43 am Also there's like...a pretty big overlap in the "Police" and "Right Wing Terrorist" venn diagram, to the extent that police unions actively refuse to investigate white supremacy within their ranks.
One thing I have wondered about for the years about cops and 'social heirarchy' is the location of the cops and where the cops themselves came from.
It's almost universal that city cops in the US do not live in the cities where they work. The reason why a lot of cops act like an occupying Army is that in many respects they are.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Police prepared for January 6th attack-- they prepared for Anti-Trump protestors

Post by Madner Kami »

Draco Dracul wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:13 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:43 am Also there's like...a pretty big overlap in the "Police" and "Right Wing Terrorist" venn diagram, to the extent that police unions actively refuse to investigate white supremacy within their ranks.
One thing I have wondered about for the years about cops and 'social heirarchy' is the location of the cops and where the cops themselves came from.
It's almost universal that city cops in the US do not live in the cities where they work. The reason why a lot of cops act like an occupying Army is that in many respects they are.
Citation needed.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:49 pm
Citation needed.
I'll try and find more general statistics, but less than 10 percent of Minneapolis police live in Minneapolis:
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/06/ ... -traction/
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

In what way do cops act like a occupying Army? Because I know what a occupying army looks like.
I got nothing to say here.
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

clearspira wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:06 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:58 pm The irony being January 6th was the biggest net gain for the police's reputation they could have got because the police did prevent a massacre and suffered casualties in the process of doing so.
Still continuing with this idea that there would have been a massacre huh? I guess you have to. Trump hasn't said he won't run in 2024 yet ;)
The attack caused injuries of at least 138 police officers (73 Capitol Police officers, 65 Metropolitan Police Department officers). There were also pipe bombs discovered near Capitol Complex.

Their plan was to capture and pressure Congress and Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election of Joe Biden in favor of Trump, that's basically an act of terrorism.
goodperson25
Officer

Post by goodperson25 »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:20 am
In what way do cops act like a occupying Army? Because I know what a occupying army looks like.
Do you mean current cops in the context of this thread or historically?

Regardless it's probably a good idea to avoid gate keeping oppression.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

BBally81 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:45 pmTheir plan was to capture and pressure Congress and Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election of Joe Biden in favor of Trump, that's basically an act of terrorism.
I'm torn between letting it be called terrorism and seeing it as a laughable attempt to steer things.
..What mirror universe?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

goodperson25 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:25 pm

Gate keeping. Holy fuck.

I know what an occupying army looks like because I was part of one! I mean holy shit! Anyone here getting their car searched every time they over a bridge? Do you see fully dressed cops with M16s or equivalent along with body armor, helmets? Do you see tanks and armored vehicles riding down your street? Do you hear and see military drones and planes loaded to bomb your car? Do you have snipers up in buildings ready to kill you? Do you have snipers with 20mm rounds ready to destroy your engine at the check point?

And I mean all the time, every day, every hour.

Jesus Christ. Maybe DragonBall Fan was right.
I got nothing to say here.
goodperson25
Officer

Post by goodperson25 »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:55 am

Gate keeping. Holy fuck.

I know what an occupying army looks like because I was part of one! I mean holy shit! Anyone here getting their car searched every time they over a bridge? Do you see fully dressed cops with M16s or equivalent along with body armor, helmets? Do you see tanks and armored vehicles riding down your street? Do you hear and see military drones and planes loaded to bomb your car? Do you have snipers up in buildings ready to kill you? Do you have snipers with 20mm rounds ready to destroy your engine at the check point?

And I mean all the time, every day, every hour.

Jesus Christ. Maybe DragonBall Fan was right.
Wow. Did you even pay attention to anything else I said or just saw the word gatekeeping and went off?

And again where/when is the "here" you are you talking about? Frankly I don't care about the lack of universal martial law when there are enforcers (apparently of law but historically of colonialism, occupation/assimilation and conquest) in my developed country who have a history of murder to the point we have a cute nickname for the practice. Police are in many respects an occupying force.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

My vote is you start historically and proceed very, very gradually into the context of this thread.
..What mirror universe?