Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I am voting for Biden, I hate the man but unlike trump he isn't going to deliberately set us on fire to keep himself warm like Trump would.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

When you vote for a president you are also voting for who will be running all of office in the executive branch. Now think who each candidate surrounds themselves with.

That is one of the main reasons I am still voting for Biden.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Yeah Biden actually have people who can do their jobs, when Trump just hire his criminals buddies.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:11 pm Luckily, there's an easy way to fix that: Go vote.
No.

I use a mail in ballot since 2020.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Can still vote.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Rant warning.

I really hate that we still have to deal with this fascist insurgency and culture war shit because honestly we've got real problems that need dealing with yesterday.

Like hey remember last year when the No Fly List got leaked (by a trans non-binary bi lesbian Swiss therian just to make it more cyberpunk), it was just as bad as everyone feared, nobody in government even pretended to be interested in fixing it, and the news quietly stopped talking about it? That seems like something we should maybe be worried about.

Or the massive scam the Panama papers revealed about how the rich are hiding their wealth to avoid taxes, which was not only quietly dropped but the journalist who revealed it was very blatantly assassinated?

Or the giant warrantless spying operation Snowden revealed before he went into exile, which again we just kinda accepted and stopped thinking about?

But no we can't deal with any of that, some dumbasses got salty there's gay black women on the TV now and decided to turn the country into Iran about it.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:52 pm Rant warning.

I really hate that we still have to deal with this fascist insurgency and culture war shit because honestly we've got real problems that need dealing with yesterday.

Like hey remember last year when the No Fly List got leaked (by a trans non-binary bi lesbian Swiss therian just to make it more cyberpunk), it was just as bad as everyone feared, nobody in government even pretended to be interested in fixing it, and the news quietly stopped talking about it? That seems like something we should maybe be worried about.

Or the massive scam the Panama papers revealed about how the rich are hiding their wealth to avoid taxes, which was not only quietly dropped but the journalist who revealed it was very blatantly assassinated?

Or the giant warrantless spying operation Snowden revealed before he went into exile, which again we just kinda accepted and stopped thinking about?

But no we can't deal with any of that, some dumbasses got salty there's gay black women on the TV now and decided to turn the country into Iran about it.
Or bribing officials now having been legalized by the Supreme Court.

Or invalidating the work of every single federal agency and completely paralyzing the state with their ruling?

Obama made a huge mistake leaving that post vacant. And Ginsburg should've retired while there was still a chance to save your country, before the Supreme Court legalizes what happened January 6th ad rules that the President doesn't have to follow the law while being the President. I can only hope that Biden, if the SCotUS really decides as predicted, instantly imprisons or, better yet, shoots every single one of these fascists, before Trump or any of his ilk ever comes into a position of such power again.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:38 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:52 pm Rant warning.

Or bribing officials now having been legalized by the Supreme Court.

Or invalidating the work of every single federal agency and completely paralyzing the state with their ruling?

Obama made a huge mistake leaving that post vacant. And Ginsburg should've retired while there was still a chance to save your country, before the Supreme Court legalizes what happened January 6th ad rules that the President doesn't have to follow the law while being the President. I can only hope that Biden, if the SCotUS really decides as predicted, instantly imprisons or, better yet, shoots every single one of these fascists, before Trump or any of his ilk ever comes into a position of such power again.
That wasn't Obama's mistake, that was McConnell's crowning victory. The highlight of his career. That seat was blatantly stolen in broad daylight.

I agree that's what Biden should do, but no way he has the guts. He'd absolutely let this country fall to fascism to keep his own hands clean.

I don't think he even has the guts to expand the court should he get both houses of congress. Wouldn't even need a pretext; it's supposed to be one justice for every circuit but we're already four short.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:03 pmThat wasn't Obama's mistake, that was McConnell's crowning victory. The highlight of his career. That seat was blatantly stolen in broad daylight.
True, but there were ways to infuse a replacement without senate approval. It wasn't done for what I can only suspect to have been strategic reasons and not having done so, was a huge mistake. The Democrats played it save, hoping that exposing the Republicans would be enough to get voters to reject them. Instead it played into their hands.
hammerofglass wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:03 pmI agree that's what Biden should do, but no way he has the guts. He'd absolutely let this country fall to fascism to keep his own hands clean.

I don't think he even has the guts to expand the court should he get both houses of congress. Wouldn't even need a pretext; it's supposed to be one justice for every circuit but we're already four short.
I still do not think that Trump will win this. What really worries me the most is, that the Democrats will not pick up to reform the country to prevent this from happening again, if they get the chance. What I see happening is, the SCotUS delaying the decission on the President being freed from the law, until after the Election. If Trump, they'll decide Yes. If Biden, they'll decide No. And instead of closing that hole once and forever, it will just be delayed to the next iteration of Trump.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm so sick of undecided voters and apathetic non-voters and Leftists trying to keep their hands clean by refusing to vote for capitalists. I have at least one friend who genuinely expects to die if 45 regains the throne, and I'm pretty sure if he wins again I'll be clogging the suicide hotlines.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville