Papa Johns Tells Nazis 'Don't Buy Our Pizza' After Chain Is Claimed As Official Pie Of Alt-Right

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Papa Johns Tells Nazis 'Don't Buy Our Pizza' After Chain Is Claimed As Official Pie Of Alt-Right

Post by Fixer »

I just know it's getting close to lunch and this thread is making me hungry.

So I'm going to get some Freedom Fries. The official junk food of democracy.

Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: Papa Johns Tells Nazis 'Don't Buy Our Pizza' After Chain Is Claimed As Official Pie Of Alt-Right

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fixer wrote:I just know it's getting close to lunch and this thread is making me hungry.

So I'm going to get some Freedom Fries. The official junk food of democracy.

There better be a gun shaped fork there. :!:
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

No red blooded 'Murican eats fries with a fork.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

If I ran a pizza place and Nazis decided to claim my product as their own, I'd probably respond by making new pizza dishes called "The Barrack Obama", "The Hillary Clinton", and "The Bernie Sanders". :D

Oh, and sue for misrepresenting my company/damaging the reputation and value of my product.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

The Romulan Republic wrote:If I ran a pizza place and Nazis decided to claim my product as their own, I'd probably respond by making new pizza dishes called "The Barrack Obama", "The Hillary Clinton", and "The Bernie Sanders". :D

Oh, and sue for misrepresenting my company/damaging the reputation and value of my product.
You would have to be located in certain areas not to take a giant financial hit.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

The Romulan Republic wrote:If I ran a pizza place and Nazis decided to claim my product as their own, I'd probably respond by making new pizza dishes called "The Barrack Obama", "The Hillary Clinton", and "The Bernie Sanders". :D

I'd go more neutral and call them Overlord, Eisenhower and FDR. Maybe throw in a Marshall for good measure.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
The Romulan Republic
Captain

TGLS wrote:

I'd go more neutral and call them Overlord, Eisenhower and FDR. Maybe throw in a Marshall for good measure.
Yeah, that works too.

Although, and I can't believe I have to say this, I think that we are no longer living in a country where "Defeating Nazis is good" is an uncontroversial position.

God damn it.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
TGLS wrote:

Yeah, that works too.

Although, and I can't believe I have to say this, I think that we are no longer living in a country where "Defeating Nazis is good" is an uncontroversial position.

God damn it.
Elaborate.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

The fucking "President" responding to Neo-Nazi terrorism by basically saying "there are bad people on both sides", and having to be pressured into overtly condemning the Nazis, to take the most obvious example.

And a significant percentage of the country still supporting him afterward.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

The Romulan Republic wrote:The fucking "President" responding to Neo-Nazi terrorism by basically saying "there are bad people on both sides", and having to be pressured into overtly condemning the Nazis, to take the most obvious example.

And a significant percentage of the country still supporting him afterward.
Do we have to have the president give a speech every time a couple of 1000 yahoos do somethign stupid? He should outsource the national healing to someone else anyways and stick to what he is good at.