How is Hillary getting the debate questions ahead of time differrent than supposed Russia collusion?

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: How is Hillary getting the debate questions ahead of time differrent than supposed Russia collusion?

Post by Karha of Honor »

Madner Kami wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:There is no way someone on the left should feel disturbed about what happened? What the flying fuck is alt right about whenever Democrats saying Repubs to moderate Repubs will have this to point why they should not?

S o it would had been okay if she gets the questions before debating Bernie Sanders...

Right?
That is not at all, what he has written. Are you willfully ignoring what he writes just to create an attackable strawman or are you really that fixed on your course?
He can requtoe and point me to specific parts to adress. He will either accept my answers or he will not.
Madner Kami wrote:
Dînadan wrote:
Madner Kami wrote: That is not at all, what he has written. Are you willfully ignoring what he writes just to create an attackable strawman or are you really that fixed on your course?
If you travel through his comments in other threads I’m fairly sure you’ll find he tends to pick whatever side is opposite the majority; don’t recall which thread it was in, but I’m fairly sure I’ve seen him swap sides mid thread to go against the majority. No idea if he’s doing it to play devil’s advocate, or if he’s trying to troll people.
With recent developments in terms of communicative AI, I sometimes wonder who of these "trolls" is just a machine in a learning process.
If i wait a couple of posts will someone call me Hitler?
Dînadan wrote:
Madner Kami wrote: That is not at all, what he has written. Are you willfully ignoring what he writes just to create an attackable strawman or are you really that fixed on your course?
If you trawl through his comments in other threads I’m fairly sure you’ll find he tends to pick whatever side is opposite the majority; don’t recall which thread it was in, but I’m fairly sure I’ve seen him swap sides mid thread to go against the majority. No idea if he’s doing it to play devil’s advocate, or if he’s trying to troll people.
I do not believe in trolls or troilling...
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Re: How is Hillary getting the debate questions ahead of time differrent than supposed Russia collusion?

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Agent Vinod wrote:There is no way someone on the left should feel disturbed about what happened?
That's not what I said, and you know it. I didn't say that no one should have a problem with it. I said it was not the same, or just as bad, as the Russian collusion.

This is the false equivalency lie at work: Whenever anyone criticizes Trump, for example, reply with "But what about (insert accusation against Democrats here)?" Assert or imply that both are exactly the same/just as bad. If anyone disputes this assertion, claim that they are defending (insert bad thing a Democrat is accused of here), because if they don't think its just as bad, that means that they support it. :roll:

And people still fall for this lie, because it plays into general cynicism and anti-establishment frustration, and has the superficial appearance of being "fair and balanced". But what it actually does is obfuscate important nuances and distinctions, stifle analysis and debate by substitute a trite platitude (that "both sides are just as bad"), and normalize the worst aspects of politics by putting them on a level with the best. That SHOULD disturb you regardless of which side you're on. Because the end result is a society which is incapable of making any critical distinctions, instead embracing a generic cynicism which says: "Their are no good guys. Their aren't even any lesser evils. Everyone is just as bad, and there's no point ever trying to make things better." A world-view which will inevitably drive people towards either radicalization, or apathetic acceptance. In short, towards being exactly the kind of citizens that dictators want.

There is a reason that this is sort of propaganda is known to be one of the favourite tools of the Kremlin. Putin may be morally bankrupt, but he isn't stupid- he knows how well this lie works.

It also contains an absolutely hypocritical and morally bankrupt undertone- that because "the other side does it", its okay for us to do it- even as we attack the other side for doing it.

It is THE most poisonous and insidious fallacy permeating our political discourse today.
What the flying fuck is alt right about whenever Democrats saying Repubs to moderate Repubs will have this to point why they should not?
I don't usually attack peoples' spelling or grammar, because it isn't relevant to weather their points are valid or not, but in this case, I'm literally not sure what you're trying to say.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Agent Vinod, has anyone ever asked you to take a Turing test?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Turing Tests are worthless nowadays. There are already chatbots and AIs around, that are sufficiently advanced to pass the test, especially if you consider trolls and incoherent people.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:There is no way someone on the left should feel disturbed about what happened?
That's not what I said, and you know it. I didn't say that no one should have a problem with it. I said it was not the same, or just as bad, as the Russian collusion.

This is the false equivalency lie at work: Whenever anyone criticizes Trump, for example, reply with "But what about (insert accusation against Democrats here)?" Assert or imply that both are exactly the same/just as bad. If anyone disputes this assertion, claim that they are defending (insert bad thing a Democrat is accused of here), because if they don't think its just as bad, that means that they support it. :roll:

And people still fall for this lie, because it plays into general cynicism and anti-establishment frustration, and has the superficial appearance of being "fair and balanced". But what it actually does is obfuscate important nuances and distinctions, stifle analysis and debate by substitute a trite platitude (that "both sides are just as bad"), and normalize the worst aspects of politics by putting them on a level with the best. That SHOULD disturb you regardless of which side you're on. Because the end result is a society which is incapable of making any critical distinctions, instead embracing a generic cynicism which says: "Their are no good guys. Their aren't even any lesser evils. Everyone is just as bad, and there's no point ever trying to make things better." A world-view which will inevitably drive people towards either radicalization, or apathetic acceptance. In short, towards being exactly the kind of citizens that dictators want.

There is a reason that this is sort of propaganda is known to be one of the favourite tools of the Kremlin. Putin may be morally bankrupt, but he isn't stupid- he knows how well this lie works.

It also contains an absolutely hypocritical and morally bankrupt undertone- that because "the other side does it", its okay for us to do it- even as we attack the other side for doing it.

It is THE most poisonous and insidious fallacy permeating our political discourse today.
What the flying fuck is alt right about whenever Democrats saying Repubs to moderate Repubs will have this to point why they should not?
I don't usually attack peoples' spelling or grammar, because it isn't relevant to weather their points are valid or not, but in this case, I'm literally not sure what you're trying to say.
Do you want consequences for this? What should they be? Since this is the first time in history this happned and we know about it.

We can analyze politics just fine with hillary out opf public lfe just fine. It might be good for the left to kick her to the curb.

I can see nasty politics as normal and still do my best to move the norms into a positive direction.

Because the end result is a society which is incapable of making any critical distinctions, instead embracing a generic cynicism which says: "Their are no good guys. Their aren't even any lesser evils. Everyone is just as bad, and there's no point ever trying to make things better." A world-view which will inevitably drive people towards either radicalization, or apathetic acceptance. In short, towards being exactly the kind of citizens that dictators want.

Why should taht be the conclusion when we say numerous industries radically improve services after losing costumers. Politics could be the same.

Hows is it propaganda when the msm tries to cover it up and you can easily find both left wingers and right wingers who feel the same. Where is the simplistic heavy handed repetition?

Getting debate questions and getting Russian money or oppo research are very different things.

Howewer you define alt right if even it is a thing... Do i raise the Hillary dfid somethign bad flag every time Trum doies something stupid?
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Agent Vinod wrote: There is no way someone on the left should feel disturbed about what happened? What the flying fuck is alt right about whenever Democrats saying Repubs to moderate Repubs will have this to point why they should not?
As someone on the left who did take issue with this I would like to point to something I wrote BEFORE THE ELECTION.
It is the longest subsection of this blog, but I do address directly the charge that Secretary Clinton colluded with... Her own political party, to win a primary in that party.

The Inquisition of Hillary Clinton
http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/2016/ ... inton.html

I also wrote this message to those of us who joined the Democratic party specifically to vote for Sanders.

A Message to Independent Voters
http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/2016/ ... oters.html
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Agent Vinod, your posts are becoming increasingly incoherent, to the point where it is sometimes difficult to even understand what you are trying to say, though some of that is probably down to deliberately deflecting/trying to change the topic.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Agent Vinod, your posts are becoming increasingly incoherent, to the point where it is sometimes difficult to even understand what you are trying to say, though some of that is probably down to deliberately deflecting/trying to change the topic.
Nobody complained about it when i just talked sci fi and fantasy...

The higher the stakes...
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Your posts did used to be easier to follow, both political and otherwise. Not so much, lately.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Agent Vinod wrote:
Dînadan wrote:
If you trawl through his comments in other threads I’m fairly sure you’ll find he tends to pick whatever side is opposite the majority; don’t recall which thread it was in, but I’m fairly sure I’ve seen him swap sides mid thread to go against the majority. No idea if he’s doing it to play devil’s advocate, or if he’s trying to troll people.
I do not believe in trolls or troilling...
...what??

WHat?

...to be clear, are you saying that you don't believe online trolls even EXIST, or is there some more subtle statement the meaning of which eludes me?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville