Disney buys Fox for $52.4bn

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: Disney buys Fox for $52.4bn

Post by Antiboyscout »

J!! wrote:here's a question: when they inevitably decide to get into the videogame market, will it be sega, or atari that they decide to devour?
Disney EA merger :cry:
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Robovski wrote:My hot take: Nothing will ever be in the public domain as Disney will own all and keep lobbying to get the dates moved.
That's already the case, at least as far as anything not made by someone who died before you were born. There may as well not even be the notion of public domain anymore.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Deledrius wrote:
Robovski wrote:My hot take: Nothing will ever be in the public domain as Disney will own all and keep lobbying to get the dates moved.
That's already the case, at least as far as anything not made by someone who died before you were born. There may as well not even be the notion of public domain anymore.
Something to cheer you up. free and legal.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEK3tT ... JpNEDBdWog

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvH6u_ ... z9W198umDw
jadenova
Officer

Post by jadenova »

J!! wrote:Krom dammit. I'm getting really tired of watching Disney gobble up all our popculture mythologies And I really didn't want to see the xmen get shoved into the mcu. Hopefully they at least let New Mutants and Deadpool 2 get released without too much executive fuckery.

Mark my words, MGM is gonna fall next. The Maus wants the Wizard of Oz.
That won't happen. Anything made by MGM before the mid-Eighties are owned by Warner Bros.
jadenova
Officer

Post by jadenova »

Let us change the mascot of Disney from Mickey Mouse to Scrooge McDuck.