Brexit Done and Dusted

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Brexit Done and Dusted

Post by hammerofglass »

I absolutely do think that was the original gameplan. Because it was a grift and a con game from the beginning and the promoters never had any intention to produce anything they promised or avoid the obvious consequences, much less any realistic way of doing so.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Sigh. Always depressing to see people throwing their toys out of the pram, insulting and belittling others and inventing strawmen to attack simply because they don't share their political views and would simply prefer to go in a different direction. There's so much arrogant bigotry from the pro-EU side, they really do come across as unpleasant, nasty, intolerant people.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Hey anything that breaks up the single market is great for American hegemony and I'm all for it. I just think declaring sanctions against yourselves and then being surprised it hurt your economy is hilarious.

Enjoy that monorail.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Riedquat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:25 pm Sigh. Always depressing to see people throwing their toys out of the pram, insulting and belittling others and inventing strawmen to attack simply because they don't share their political views and would simply prefer to go in a different direction. There's so much arrogant bigotry from the pro-EU side, they really do come across as unpleasant, nasty, intolerant people.
I really wasn't sure who you were talking about until you spelled it out, because that is sincerely how I percieve the BrExiteers.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Brexit is country-sized MGTOW energy.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:33 pm
Riedquat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:25 pm Sigh. Always depressing to see people throwing their toys out of the pram, insulting and belittling others and inventing strawmen to attack simply because they don't share their political views and would simply prefer to go in a different direction. There's so much arrogant bigotry from the pro-EU side, they really do come across as unpleasant, nasty, intolerant people.
I really wasn't sure who you were talking about until you spelled it out, because that is sincerely how I percieve the BrExiteers.
No, he was right the first time. Especially given it was you, not me, who restarted this thread and threw about insults.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Deledrius wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:34 am Brexit is country-sized MGTOW energy.
That makes literally no sense.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

clearspira wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:08 am
Madner Kami wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:33 pm
No, he was right the first time. Especially given it was you, not me, who restarted this thread and threw about insults.
Where exactly did I insult you?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

You didn't actually answer my question so lets try again: Do you think that there is widespread satisfaction of the EU in Europe despite the fact that the far right is at its highest point now since the Nazis?
I'll just pick that up here, because it was still in the back of my mind and, granted, the far-right is on a scary rise in Europe overall.

Well, about a week ago, a non-profit news group called "Correctiv", who's main concept is investigational journalism, landed a hit-piece. The hit-peace. It uncovered and reported about a gathering of various far-right groups and political parties in Germany, where the Nutzis discussed some of their plans rather openly, among that a particular concept they call "Remigration". It's really just the Madagascar-Plan 2.0, a vague idea of deporting everone they don't deem sufficiently German to wherever (ideas of negotiating deals with the African states were circulated, very reminiscient of what is being discussed in Israel these days, but that's besides the point). And the guests on that gathering weren't just some fringe nutjobs, but the creme-de-la-creme of the far-right, including active politicians from the CDU, AfD and the Werteunion (a far-right fringe group within the CDU, which just recently started becoming it's own party).

Be that as it may, it went through the german public like the torches from Gondor to Rohan and people stood up (unfortunately the english language lacks the right word for this effect, we Germans call it a "Fanal", think about a firestorm sweeping through the landscape, leaving nothing untouched). It forced large parts of the politcal right, which kept sliming their way into the far right, to finally take a stance against fascim and the political center found itself standing alongside AntiFa in what are the largest demonstrations modern Germany has seen so far. Demonstrations had been held in over 120 cities, even in some of those who are usually wading deep in the brown territory in Eastern Saxony.

Fuck, even football-fans of football-clubs who normally don't do anything other than beating each other whenever they meet, stood side by side and made their displeasure known.

Seing things like these left me in tears, because it's a sign that the far-right hasn't won quite yet.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox