Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
m4a2000
Officer

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by m4a2000 »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:03 pm
m4a2000 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:03 pm May I start screaming now?
Screaming, why?
Because I just want politics to be boring again and this isn't boring. This is a 'never happened before' and 'once in a life time' and 'unbelievable moment' every WEEK! I almost want to say day because at times we have gone less than a day with something more crazy happening that in a sane world we would all look at and shun from the face of this earth.

This should have happened month ago if it was going to, not two weeks before the convention when we have some states that were already saying Biden couldn't be on their ballots since the convention was 'too late'.

This add more unknowns into all of this insanity and I just want to to end. Under 20 years ago a candidate for one part dropped out after an over enthusiastic yell. Now we have a candidate who says he will be a 'dictator on day one', that is an honest quote.

I just want boring and I will fight for boring.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I have another reason to be pissed at Biden. I don't understand why he made such an abrupt 180. Frankly, the time for this conversation was back during the primaries, not four months before the election, and the middle of a horse race is no time to be mending fences.

Also like...calls for him to step down should have come from people with a particular different candidate in mind, not just "uh he's old". Rare time I'm disappointed in John Stewart.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well it does look like Kamala Harris is being primed to step up to the podium. She was my first pick at the 2020 primaries, so this will be a fruitful election for me.
..What mirror universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

All she has to do is win.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:03 am All she has to do is win.
She can only do that if you vote for her.
..What mirror universe?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I'm a lot less concerned about Biden stepping down now than I was. Dems seem to be lining up behind Harris a lot more smoothly than I expected, and the GOP is in a full-on panic.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

hammerofglass wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:30 pm I'm a lot less concerned about Biden stepping down now than I was. Dems seem to be lining up behind Harris a lot more smoothly than I expected, and the GOP is in a full-on panic.
The way this snowballs speaks volumes about what a weight-down Biden was in the first place. The energy this freed up is immense. But make no mistakes, this is not a moment to rest on laurels. The Democrats finally and for the first time in years, have gotten the initiative. Now about keeping it and capitalizing it...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Hey should we change this thing title title or close it since it now out of date?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yeah I was going to say the same thing.

I think it'd be neat to add a strike-through Biden and then say Harris after.
..What mirror universe?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Suggestion:

Trump v Biden: Harris Rising
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox