Trans "women" athletes have advantages over cis women

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Trans "women" athletes have advantages over cis women

Post by clearspira »

LittleRaven wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:25 pm And here comes the first lawsuit.
Three Connecticut girls who have run high school track have filed a federal discrimination complaint saying a statewide policy on transgender athletes has cost them top finishes in races and possibly college scholarships.

The complaint filed Monday with the US Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights was submitted by the conservative Christian law firm Alliance Defending Freedom on behalf of the girls, who are asking for an investigation of the policy and orders that would make competitions fair. The complaint also cites the federal Title IX rules aimed at equal rights in sports for female athletes.

‘‘Girls deserve to compete on a level playing field,’’ said Christiana Holcomb, legal counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom. ‘‘Women fought long and hard to earn the equal athletic opportunities that Title IX provides. Allowing boys to compete in girls’ sports reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women under this law. We shouldn’t force these young women to be spectators in their own sports.’’
Win or lose, I expect this won't be the last lawsuit. Someone is going to lose big here, and they are almost certain to be unhappy about it.
I hope she wins. As I said earlier, if you have had the benefits of a boys' puberty then you should not be competing with girls. Life is unfair, deal with it.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

That's kind of a cancelling out underlining though.
..What mirror universe?
jadenova
Officer

Post by jadenova »

The latest South Park episode dealt with these.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Strong bump by South Park. I'm not aware of any recent developments on this topic if there are any.
..What mirror universe?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Not going to read all 11 pages.

Here is my thing, you get a guy who went through puberty as a boy and transitions to a woman later in life. She will have all the benefits of the male physique even when you introduce estrogen and testerone blockers.

That woman will have broader shoulders, a bigger heart, a bigger body, among other things. All of which you really cannot take away easily as shaving an Adam's apple.
I got nothing to say here.
Mercury01
Redshirt

Post by Mercury01 »

"Dealt with". As if South Park is a fair investigative journalism show and not a lazily-written comedy.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

I’ll pay attention to what Matt and Trey have to say about women sports when they find a joke about trans folk that’s not “identify as an attack helicopter” rephrased* (or assuming trans folk are somehow inherently funny)

*although to their credit they mostly made fun of Kaitlyn Jenner for shit she actually did, not just... existing.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

So Randy Savage competes in Women's weight lifting. It's a funny thing to watch aside from satirical inclinations. It's the same hole that Little Raven was arguing with Steve about here. I agree that it's a hole, but I didn't feel like it was something to be alarmed over. I could see it going the opposite way considering the sharade went on for the entire episode and the comic nature of Savage doing what he did isn't expected at all from this.

And Twitter definitely sees Matt and Trey as Pariahs now. People that are set out to fallaciously ridicule both sides of an argument, and that's particularly not how I feel about their comedy in general. They make fun of persons directly, and the people surrounding the general metaphor for sure come off as stupid. But people conflate it as an overall condemnation of their side when I really feel the goal at the end of the day is to make the situation funny.

In a political sense, left twitter takes it as attacking the left with their satire, but I'm saying that the satire gets intentionally light. Like, Rebecca on Wisecraft's podcast felt personally insulted with the first episode of the PC Babies crying horrible sounding songs on the radio, and I do get the joke that generally points to PC being marketed. Like I can laugh at it obviously, but it's not suited as a direct attack on PC as if they're gamergaters. It's made for humor but I don't think it's trying to be 100% biting satire.
..What mirror universe?