Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Nobody700
Officer

Re: Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

Post by Nobody700 »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:54 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:25 am
McAvoy wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:41 amOr Trump not understanding or outright refusing the concept not only being black but also another race. Like you have to be one or other. Can't be both.
Oh gods, yes, I laughed so hard. Like: "What is she? Today she's black, yesterday she was indian. (paraphrasing) If you're considering yourself a slave-offspring and want the brownie-points associated with it, you aren't allowed to acknowledge both your parent's heritage!!!111"

What were they thinking, letting him into that interview in the first place? What a fail. It doesn't even work as a counter-piece for his racist-as-fuck MAGA-crowd either.
I agree. You put Trump in perhaps one of the most hostile situations (for good reason) and you think somehow Trump will behave? Trump loves his softball questions but the moment someone calls him out on his past he gets defensive. He plays the victim.

But that whole thing about Harris *only* being Indian and not black is baffling. You are allowed to be bi-racial and celebrate either side as wish. You are allowed to use either side or both to your advantage. Not your fault for being bi-racial either. So why is this a hard concept for Trump to wrap his head around?

Or is he playing dumb for his supporters?

It is certainly very interesting. Since Biden's debate and Trump's close call, the Right (and some in the Left) felt that Trump has the election in the bag.

Now it's different. Harris who was unpopular as VP and didn't last long in 2020 during her own presidential bid is having a grand ole time against Trump now.

I think it reinforced my idea that the Democrats should have put a younger challenger to Trump than Biden for the 2024 election. Biden's age and health was always a concern for Democrats. Now you got a young, vibrate candidate. Now it makes Trump look incredibly bad in comparison.
Another major thing is, they built up for four years a fight against Biden. Given how long he waited to step down in the election, they had NO PLANS for Kamala... because how the FUCK would they have predicted an old white guy would give up power to a mixed race black/indian woman? It's LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for them. Even Nikki, who IS INDIAN... CANNOT FATHOM IT, cause she is SUING a group called Nikki Hayley voters for Kamala, because she never actually thought Republicans would pick her. Her main goal was to get moderates to abandon Biden, and instead, Moderates love Kamala cause she's not TOO progressive but next to most republicans now, SHEESH. Biden stepped down cause it was the moral thing to do. He had a spine. The republicans LACK one and thus, don't have a strategy. Because what CAN they say against her? Too tough on crime? Well that is their motto (but ya know, not for rich white guys). Too soft on crime? Well no, she's a 'cop' and they LOVE COPS (except during certain heated gamer moments at the Capitol), well they can just go racism which Trump is jumping on but even that pulls away SOME trump supporters. Not a lot but SOME! DEI was a good punch but than you have to explain DEI and than that comes back to Racism. Implying she's a whore who fucked her way to the job failed hard. Bashing her as not being black enough is their last real attack, because to them... policy was NEVER an attack. Cause if they do that... they have to tell their voters what the policy plans are... and than they're FUCKED!
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Now add on JD Vance has basically been a bad choice before Biden dropped out

practically bleeding voters cause unlike Trump when he talks about the Neo Catholic Fascist nonsense... You get the idea he is being sincere unlike Trump where they can spin doctor it as he's just joking or doing his typical Trump say the most shocking thing for a reaction.
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Holy shit, she picked Walz as her VP! That's great!
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:33 pm Holy shit, she picked Walz as her VP! That's great!
One hell of a pick. I knew about him but not that much. But from what I can read, it's one hell of a pick.

Build a 25 foot fence? Invest in 30 foot ladders.
I got nothing to say here.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

On a side note. Harris is only a year younger than Walz.

So Walz was a school teacher and a football coach, and supervised the lunch room. He said that you don't leave that job with a full head of hair.

Sounds like he is a funny guy.
I got nothing to say here.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

Walz: I can't wait to debate JD Vance. That is, if he's willing to get off the couch and show up
Oh, this is going to be fun! Not only that Walz was the one that got 'weird' going.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

McAvoy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:57 pmOn a side note. Harris is only a year younger than Walz.
Not even a year, six months younger.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I'd never heard much about Walz before he was named but comparing him to Vance I think I've just finally really understood that old "which candidate would you rather drink a beer with" question.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

hammerofglass wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:59 pm I'd never heard much about Walz before he was named but comparing him to Vance I think I've just finally really understood that old "which candidate would you rather drink a beer with" question.
Governor of Minnesota and one of the facilitators of that huge progressive wave they've been having. Free school lunches, trans protections, cannabis legalization, the works.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Long term Democrat voters are holding their breaths, bracing for the Democrats to screw this up somehow but hoping they might actually keep this winning streak alive.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville