MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Yeah, but they also might try another one even earlier, like the 17th.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Draco Dracul wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:33 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:55 am Meanwhile, the right-wing coalition of sedition is planning another attack.
I'm assuming that there will me an attack at the inauguration with the explicit goal of killing Biden, Harris, Pelosi, and Schumer.
I think the whole thing is quite self-dynamic at this point. Some are certainly planning just that, others are just in the wave and get carried along. I think this is the biggest thing that makes me flinch when people talk about terrorism or sedition. I don't feel this really is a concerted effort, I feel it's mostly a lot of people being out on a stormy sea who have all been washed from their sinking ship and trying to stay afloat and a few feel they are saved by holding on to wodden doors and tables and everyone else desperately tries to cling to the same items. Maybe, argueably, not realizing that they just need to stop to struggle and accept things, to actually move on, if I may stretch that image. Oh and not moving on as in die, no. The water just happens to be shoulder-deep...
Last edited by Madner Kami on Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

tae fek are you talking about?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:53 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:15 am And I still am sorry for being to lenient on the right but the left have done still done bad things too. For me, the concept of the moral high ground is tied to my sense of self worth
That is your problem. Because then when confronted with something you have done or said that threatens your moral high ground, you need to twist yourself into knots to make it fit so you can keep thinking of yourself as a morally flawless person.
Can't think of any time you'd know of where that happened. I just expect the left to have the moral high ground and try their hardest to never loose it instead of just saying "the right is worse, so, that makes us right."
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:35 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:15 am And I still am sorry for being to lenient on the right but the left have done still done bad things too. For me, the concept of the moral high ground is tied to my sense of self worth
That is your problem. Because then when confronted with something you have done or said that threatens your moral high ground, you need to twist yourself into knots to make it fit so you can keep thinking of yourself as a morally flawless person.
Can't think of any time you'd know of where that happened. I just expect the left to have the moral high ground and try their hardest to never loose it instead of just saying "the right is worse, so, that makes us right."
The system changing for the will for the people is democracy, the people changing for the system is a dictatorship.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:03 pmThe system changing for the will for the people is democracy, the people changing for the system is a dictatorship.
I'd rethink that statement, if I were you.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:03 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:35 pm
The system changing for the will for the people is democracy, the people changing for the system is a dictatorship.
That had nothing to do with what I said.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Left or right, Democrat or Republican this riot (I consider this a riot, not a protest) this should not have happened.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

sayla0079 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:34 pm Left or right, Democrat or Republican this riot (I consider this a riot, not a protest) this should not have happened.
I'm With you there. Now what to do to make sure to doesn't happen again.
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

After seeing recent news of MAGA rioters being upset about classified as terrorists after committing an act of domestic terrorism.

Me:

youtu.be/z4uivPpzCGo