Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

Post by McAvoy »

Trump seems to be going off the rails due to the rise of Harris in the polls. I mean he is hitting new highs now.
I got nothing to say here.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

Trump just had a press conference standing next to breakfast cereals... One of them was Fruit Loops.

Someone on his team must be doing things like this intentionally.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

m4a2000 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:57 am Trump just had a press conference standing next to breakfast cereals... One of them was Fruit Loops.

Someone on his team must be doing things like this intentionally.
I agree, It has to be intentional
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

So in his continued way of debasing veterans he said that the recipients of the Medal of Honor is in effect lower than those who receive the Medal of Honor. Specifically a person who contributed $150 million to his campaign years ago. In that those who get the MoH are usually either dead or messed up due to injuries versus those who get the MoF stay healthy and not dead.

I kinda see where he was trying to go with it but it's definitely not something anyone would say aloud and in front cameras.
I got nothing to say here.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

hammerofglass wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:55 am Just the sheer panic and disorder in the Trump campaign for the last weeks is amazing. They went from doing their victory lap ahead of time to having no momentum and no plan.

A day or two of confusion while they reorient themselves I can understand, but it's almost a month later and they've got nothing.
TGLS wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:47 pm Well that's what happens when you take your victory lap early.
The thing is, they didn't have anything before, either. The campaign was coasting on the fact that the media was focusing entirely on his opponent, especially after the debate. They never bothered to have a strategy because so far they hadn't needed one. Now that table has turned unexpectedly, but nothing seems to have changed on their end.

The closest thing to a strategy seemed to be to emphasize "He's old" when Biden was running. Despite the fact that it applies to both of them, it only seemed to stick to Biden. Amusingly, now that Biden has left the race, that magic broke and it's backfiring.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

It's shocking to me that while the Biden being old was a legit complaint, that somehow superceded trump also being old as fuck and the fact Trump wants to destroy America.

jesus people are weak.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Hey I'm a Christian, Trump and his cult doesn't speak for us, they speak for the bastardizated version of Jesus they want, the one that isn't kind, that doesn't hate rich jerks like Trump, and even show people who use religion for politics as the bad guys.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

The one who comes with a sword, to set brother against brother?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

What gets me is that Trump is so obviously a dead ringer for the version of the Antichrist from Rapture theology but the one branch of Christianity that actually believes in that is also the core of his supporters.

They'll have a public panic attack that vaccines are the Mark of the Beast and then wear Trump's slogan on the middle of their forehead and say "who is like Trump, and who is able to wage war against him?"
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:43 pm Hey I'm a Christian, Trump and his cult doesn't speak for us, they speak for the bastardizated version of Jesus they want, the one that isn't kind, that doesn't hate rich jerks like Trump, and even show people who use religion for politics as the bad guys.
Sorry, I should have clarified my jesus comment was to have a comma to it.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.