The Cishets are at it again, this time with Tannerite

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: The Cishets are at it again, this time with Tannerite

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:15 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:53 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:43 am
Captain Crimson wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Gender reveal parties seem like something from the LGBT
I...
I what? I beg your McFucking pardon? Did you even READ the article? Have you turned on a news channel or browsed a news page in the past sixteen months?

No, Gender Reveal Parties are NOT an "LGBT" thing, you considerably vexing gentleman. Gender reveal parties, as I made pretty clear with the Original Post of This Thread, are a Cisgender Heterosexual thing. That is why I titled this thread "The CisHets are at it again".

I need to go mix some stronger drinks. I haven't been this incredulous and frustrated since I blocked DragonBallFan.
I think he was confusing it with a 'coming out' type thing and not the dumber version of a baby shower. Still, though, at least read the full headline, Captain.
I am not sure it is fair to blame Captain Crimson for not being familiar with Gender Studies duckspeak.
I think it's just best to notice that he didn't click on the article before talking about something that everyone agrees he doesn't know anything about. Isn't this enough? Like it solves literally layers of issues here.
Power laces... alright.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Gender reveal parties seem like something from the LGBT
I...
I what? I beg your McFucking pardon? Did you even READ the article? Have you turned on a news channel or browsed a news page in the past sixteen months?

No, Gender Reveal Parties are NOT an "LGBT" thing, you considerably vexing gentleman. Gender reveal parties, as I made pretty clear with the Original Post of This Thread, are a Cisgender Heterosexual thing. That is why I titled this thread "The CisHets are at it again".

I need to go mix some stronger drinks. I haven't been this incredulous and frustrated since I blocked DragonBallFan.
I think he was confusing it with a 'coming out' type thing and not the dumber version of a baby shower. Still, though, at least read the full headline, Captain.
I am not sure it is fair to blame Captain Crimson for not being familiar with Gender Studies duckspeak.
Have you been living under a rock? Because both cis and het are fairly mainstream terms.
goodperson25
Officer

Post by goodperson25 »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:03 pm
I...

Have you been living under a rock? Because both cis and het are fairly mainstream terms.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if a "Gender Studies duckspeak" remark was aimed at the use of the term Gender. The proud anti-intellectualism of declaring you don't know what pronouns are or the like out there is astounding.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Tbh, when I first heard Gender Reveal Party I actually thought it was a trans person coming out. But that was like in 2017.

Considering how much of a backlash there has been with the party, like one causing a state wide fire, you would think everyone who regularly uses the internet would know about this by now.
I got nothing to say here.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I mean having a party with cake of a certain color probably nothing too wrong there, but do we need fire works.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 am I mean having a party with cake of a certain color probably nothing too wrong there, but do we need fire works.
That's what started it all. No big deal. Cut the cake. Blue it's a boy and pink for a girl. No one is harmed except for the older kids being filmed on their reactions.

Then it beyond that.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

It's because it can't just be about TELLING people that your infant has a weiner or a clamshell. It's become a cishet pissing contest to get a bigger and better instagram image of how EMPHATICALLY you declared it to the world, and how well you proved you have more money and gendernormative convictions than sense.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:57 am It's because it can't just be about TELLING people that your infant has a weiner or a clamshell. It's become a cishet pissing contest to get a bigger and better instagram image of how EMPHATICALLY you declared it to the world, and how well you proved you have more money and gendernormative convictions than sense.
I am not going to lie, my brother had one of these for his child, and I enjoy myself. There was no danger we had a party and everyone have fun. While the intention isn't truly altruistic I just can't be objective here.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:57 am It's because it can't just be about TELLING people that your infant has a weiner or a clamshell. It's become a cishet pissing contest to get a bigger and better instagram image of how EMPHATICALLY you declared it to the world, and how well you proved you have more money and gendernormative convictions than sense.
... Are gender reveal parties political?
Power laces... alright.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

They're now, that the LBTQ-non-cishets discovered it.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox