Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by hammerofglass »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:34 pm I'm so sick of undecided voters and apathetic non-voters and Leftists trying to keep their hands clean by refusing to vote for capitalists. I have at least one friend who genuinely expects to die if 45 regains the throne, and I'm pretty sure if he wins again I'll be clogging the suicide hotlines.
I hear that, in a second Trump administration the best I dare hope for is to die with my boots on.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Congratulations, my US-american friends. You're now living in a completely broken, authoritarian state.

US supreme court rules Trump has ‘absolute immunity’ for official acts

I sincerely hope Biden now orders the execution of all the conservative judges of the SCotUS and induces new ones.
Oh wait, the Republicans will block those new judges, because it's a presidantial election year? Hm... What can we do?
Oh right, order the execution of everyone who disagrees with or tries to block the nominees.
Oh wait, the president is immune, but not those who follow his orders. What could we do...
Oh right, presidential pardons. But the president can only pardon for federal crimes...
Ehn, whatever. Make a presidential decree, that the murder of all state and federal officials is a crime against the federal state. Anyone in disagreement?

Last edited by Madner Kami on Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

They couldn't wait two days? Make the length the Republic lasted an even number of years?

Not just evil and stupid, but rude as well.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Oh... Shit... Get your exit strategies in order, folks. It's now only a matter of time before, really, ANYONE gets the White House and just burns it all down.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Trump does not have the broad presidential immunity that he has claimed to have, but he does have protection for official acts. The court concluded that Trump does not have immunity for unofficial or private acts taken while in office. The biggest question that needs to be answered now is what, exactly, constitutes official versus unofficial acts. For that, the justices remanded the case back down to the lower courts to sort out.
In other words; they didn't want to deal with it so they tossed it out, but at least they are being professional about it.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:12 pm Oh... Shit... Get your exit strategies in order, folks. It's now only a matter of time before, really, ANYONE gets the White House and just burns it all down.
If it all goes down in flames, I am not exiting anything. I'll probably fight for the Left and may even commit some human hunting. Though I suspect I won't live long but fuck it. This is not bravado. I will fight those MAGA shits.
I got nothing to say here.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I might need a winter coat and goes north.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

If I had kids I'd run for it but fuck it. Not in good enough physical shape to realistically fight but someone has to move supplies and roll bandages.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:01 pm If I had kids I'd run for it but fuck it. Not in good enough physical shape to realistically fight but someone has to move supplies and roll bandages.
This is true. Always a need for people like that.
I got nothing to say here.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

I genuinely respect y'all's courage, here. My first instinct is to flee the South for the West Coast and hope it never gets that far, but that's almost-certainly wishful thinking.

I probably need to look into a gun (probably a Glock, maybe a Maverick 88 or a Ruger PC Carbine), a bug-out bag, and some proper training, no matter where I decide to go...