Roy Moore wants to remove all amendments after the 10th

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: Roy Moore wants to remove all amendments after the 10th

Post by Antiboyscout »

Can we remove the 21 amendment? In the UK you can start drinking at age 16. I think 18 is old enough.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Antiboyscout wrote:Can we remove the 21 amendment? In the UK you can start drinking at age 16. I think 18 is old enough.
The 21st Amendment doesn't set the drinking age. That was done by tying highway funding to states raising the drinking age. In fact since all the 21st Amendment does is reverse the 18th, removing it would reactivate the 18th amendment and cause prohibition to become the law of the land once again.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Can't see any harm in that.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

LittleRaven wrote:
Antiboyscout wrote:No Brianna is a radical Feminist
Uh...ok. Radical feminism is generally silly, but I've never found it to be all that dangerous. As an ideology it has...what, ONE casualty?

Stay away from painting soup cans and you should be ok.
I disagree with you on a lot of things but you deserve a gold medal for this.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sanders lost badly, and at no point had any serious hopes of winning the primary.
Sanders got screwed by the Democratic party through shadiness, much as Ron Paul did by the Republican Party.
Clinton's statement is a reflection of a resolution passed by the UN over 16 years ago. While I'll freely admit that Clinton is to the left of Obama, I'd like some actual evidence that she's crazy.
Shit, I just gave you one example. Basically everything she said, especially the feminist stuff is all the proof anyone should need.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Draco Dracul wrote:
Antiboyscout wrote:Can we remove the 21 amendment? In the UK you can start drinking at age 16. I think 18 is old enough.
The 21st Amendment doesn't set the drinking age. That was done by tying highway funding to states raising the drinking age. In fact since all the 21st Amendment does is reverse the 18th, removing it would reactivate the 18th amendment and cause prohibition to become the law of the land once again.
But if all the amendments after the 10th were repealed, wouldn't that meant the 18th would still be invalid? :geek: :?:

In any case, thank goodness Moore lost.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Roy Moore’s campaign spokesman says Muslims shouldn’t be in US Congress because they have to swear on the Bible. He responds with silence, mouth agape, when Jake Tapper informs him that’s not the case http://cnn.it/2AgCl5u
https://www.facebook.com/cnn/videos/10157688035886509/

That look on his face, as his world crashes face first into reality is just priceless. I can't stop watching the video and the specific moment, when the realization hits, that he's Will E. Coyote and is standing in the air, after the CNN-roadrunner pulled the carpet from underneath his feet. He almost looks as if he's about to start crying. It's so perfect.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Madner Kami wrote:
Roy Moore’s campaign spokesman says Muslims shouldn’t be in US Congress because they have to swear on the Bible. He responds with silence, mouth agape, when Jake Tapper informs him that’s not the case http://cnn.it/2AgCl5u
https://www.facebook.com/cnn/videos/10157688035886509/

That look on his face, as his world crashes face first into reality is just priceless. I can't stop watching the video and the specific moment, when the realization hits, that he's Will E. Coyote and is standing in the air, after the CNN-roadrunner pulled the carpet from underneath his feet. He almost looks as if he's about to start crying. It's so perfect.
I think Trevor Noah made a similar reference; if only I could find the clip.