Brexit Rambles

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Brexit Rambles

Post by Madner Kami »

I wasn't saying that this is what the US-mexican border looks like. I was playing off of what I suppose Trump would want, if he could.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

And besides that, the Ireland and Britain want to maintain a border that's more open than what any in the political mainstream of the US and Mexico (i.e. zero checks). The only similarity between the two is that they both involve borders.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

TGLS wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:18 pm And besides that, the Ireland and Britain want to maintain a border that's more open than what any in the political mainstream of the US and Mexico (i.e. zero checks). The only similarity between the two is that they both involve borders.
I think the idea is, Ireland will become a weakpoint in the boarder. Because the Irish/North Irish boarder is open and Ireland is in the EU and the EU can (or at least attempts to) force countries to take migrants, it makes it easy for migrants to simply slip into the UK.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

:roll: You certainly are good at repeating the most hyperbolic nonsense you come across on social media.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR