MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by McAvoy »

Honestly all I am seeing is what we would see from a child or even an adult when playing a game who loses then flips the board and calls everyone a cheater.

Granted, there has been similar behavior in 2016 from the Left but they never stormed the Capitol nor do they have Hillary incite the Left to do it.

Just getting tired of either side doing something bad and then one side 'well they did it first'
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Don't you "Both sides" this shit, mate. The Left mentions issues around gerrymandering and voter ID laws. The Right flatly defies the results, files a bunch of frivilous lawsuits, then storms the halls of power with zip ties and nooses looking to kidnap and murder. And then, after that, large potions of the right STILL try to pretend the votes don't matter. We are NOT the same. It's not the same sports league, much less the same ballpark, and if you can't recognize that then I don't care about anything you have to say.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:53 am Don't you "Both sides" this shit, mate. The Left mentions issues around gerrymandering and voter ID laws. The Right flatly defies the results, files a bunch of frivilous lawsuits, then storms the halls of power with zip ties and nooses looking to kidnap and murder. And then, after that, large potions of the right STILL try to pretend the votes don't matter. We are NOT the same. It's not the same sports league, much less the same ballpark, and if you can't recognize that then I don't care about anything you have to say.
I do recognize that. Left never did what the Right did on the 6th of January. They never ever tried to overthrow the government like they tried to do.

I mean if they got a hold of the major Democratic leaders do you not think those people there would have done something horrific?

But what I am talking about since that has settled I am seeing the right say 'well they started it first'. They are talking about of course the Left accusing the election was rigged in 2016.

There is more of course.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:08 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:53 am Don't you "Both sides" this shit, mate. The Left mentions issues around gerrymandering and voter ID laws. The Right flatly defies the results, files a bunch of frivilous lawsuits, then storms the halls of power with zip ties and nooses looking to kidnap and murder. And then, after that, large potions of the right STILL try to pretend the votes don't matter. We are NOT the same. It's not the same sports league, much less the same ballpark, and if you can't recognize that then I don't care about anything you have to say.
I do recognize that. Left never did what the Right did on the 6th of January. They never ever tried to overthrow the government like they tried to do.

I mean if they got a hold of the major Democratic leaders do you not think those people there would have done something horrific?

But what I am talking about since that has settled I am seeing the right say 'well they started it first'. They are talking about of course the Left accusing the election was rigged in 2016.

There is more of course.
There is a significant difference between the claim on the left that the right has engaged in voter suppression to manipulate elections and that Russians attempted to influence the election through psyops and the rights claim that either cast votes were deleted or that fake votes for the left were added. In fact Trump has been pushing the narrative that the votes were faked since 2016 as an attempt to pretend he didn't lose the popular vote.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

I mean even before the rioters, the Democrats are clearly more pro-democracy. More people voting should be good for Democracy, because it's literally the founding principle.

Republican survival hinges on being anti-democracy.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Yeah, TRump did want to be like people who didn't vote for me didn't vote.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Clearly these were ANTIFA/BLM actors!

youtu.be/ivVOPWrFfW4
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:34 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:08 am

There is more of course.
There is a significant difference between the claim on the left that the right has engaged in voter suppression to manipulate elections and that Russians attempted to influence the election through psyops and the rights claim that either cast votes were deleted or that fake votes for the left were added. In fact Trump has been pushing the narrative that the votes were faked since 2016 as an attempt to pretend he didn't lose the popular vote.
Don't get me wrong. Trump since 2016 basically set up the idea that if he lost it was solely because the Democrats cheated. He even said he would have disputed the election in 2016 if he didn't win.

We still see people throwing jokes or seriously mentioning about finding extra votes in the middle of the night.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Yeah, Trump is a man child isn't he.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:40 am Yeah, Trump is a man child isn't he.
I feel like I've heard that so much that I can't not really think that about him, but I swear I used to see more of a purposed agenda behind his cringeworthy twitter tirades.
..What mirror universe?